Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2013 United States Mint Limited Edition Silver Proof Set

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 156 / Views: 20,313Next Topic
Page: of 11
Pillar of the Community
United States
2073 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2014  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldSkoolMadSkilz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What happens if they all come back PR65? Do they send back the original case so you can put them back in? I'd rather hang on to the set. I bet by this time next year it will be at least $250.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3566 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2014  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smokeriderdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The early release is a gimmick to be completely honest. Nice to have, but eh, not a biggy. So, I would open the box, pick 2 sets you think will grade high and send them on in.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2073 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2014  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldSkoolMadSkilz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Apparently the designation costs $18 PER COIN. Big gamble.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1474 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2014  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, after reading and re-reading this post and looking at the set on the US Mint site over and over I Ordered it.

It's the first coins I have actually 'Bought'.

Do you guy's know about how long it takes to receive orders from the Mint?

Pillar of the Community
United States
562 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2014  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BamaBlue to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dar... You should have the set in hand within 3 weeks. The only reason for delay would be if there are not enough sets remaining (rare, but it does happen).
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10496 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2014  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Dar, you should be able to log onto USMint.gov and track the status of your order. If you ordered through the 800 # and don't have a USMint.gov account, you can call the 800 # and ask about your order.
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2014  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Southern92 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately if I open the box then they would not be FS eligible. I think I'll just hang on to them for now.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4844 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2014  07:23 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Southern92: I remember reading that there was a minimum submission of 10 sets to get the LEPS label on the slabs ( PCGS). I can't find the post but I'm pretty sure it's correct.
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2014  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Southern92 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
10 sets! & correct me if I'm wrong, but the FS is $18 per coin? So 80 coins * $18 = $1440. & then the other associated fees. Just not sure how one would get their money back on that investment.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4844 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2014  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup, total of $34/coin to get graded AND FS designation...you can do that math (plus shipping both ways)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2073 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2014  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldSkoolMadSkilz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last weeks sales- 47,745.
This week- 47,607.

That means that they had 138 more returns than sales. Hope something like that will make them take notice.

On the first strike, I'm sure that there are companies that have negotiated deals that let them get services at considerably lower rates than collectors or dealers.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1474 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2014  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I received my Silver LE set and it was Horrible.

I had also ordered other sets at the same time. SP ATB sets as well as Presidential dollar PF sets and ATB PR sets with a few UNC sets.

All the Pf and Silver Pf sets items had to be sent back items had to be sent back, I mean every single one!

I had expected to see a bad case with the LE set but not only was the case damaged, but the coins themselves were horrible.

Now, I love errors BUT not on a Silver LE set or ANY proof set. They were terrible. Strike through's, Die gouges, wear on the coins, you name it. Fields were horrible and On the 2013 Silver ATB set there was actually some kind of mold blooming on the OBV of a few coins.

This was my FIRST time ordering from the U.S. Mint and I'm not sure if I will be doing it again.

Out of 15 items, 12 had to be returned.

I called, and they are going to replace the items. So now I wait. I even paid for the expedited shipping when I ordered originally. That money is Gone bye bye.

When I talked to the Rep on the phone she didn't sound surprised at all. Even said that they were having a rash of Quality issue returns.

I hope they get this right.

Will keep you updated.

Dar
Pillar of the Community
United States
4844 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2014  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow...that is an impressive list of returns. I have been ordering from the Mint for MANY years and have placed probably 500 orders and have returned maybe 3 partial orders....

My most recent is the newest 5 oz. ATB and all 3 are perfect...HOF silver coming today..we'll see

Pillar of the Community
United States
1474 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2014  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I made a comment to the rep on the phone about that. She said that she and the 33 other reps there were getting more returns then usual. Especially for the 2013, 2014 sets.

I just hope they can fix it.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3787 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2014  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yup7676 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
what Dar just talked about, I had some issues with my ATBs on this set,, I sure hope they dont re-pack the sets and send them back out again :/

I gave up on this set,, I was a real big fan of this series and I gave up on it for these issues. Its a shame too because I own the first issued set in this series.
Page: of 11 Previous TopicReplies: 156 / Views: 20,313Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05