Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Another US Mint Survey

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,087Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
63 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2014  2:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add stormdog123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Main question I was asked:

The United States Mint now has authority to produce the small presidential medal designs, previously in bronze only, in .999 fine silver (same blank as an American Eagle). The price will be approximately $50 per medal and they are considering a subscription program. It will start with George Washington and you would receive a new medal for every Presidential term at regular intervals. Your credit card will be charged each time a medal is shipped to you. You can choose to stop purchasing at any time. After you have purchased 5-10 medals, you will receive a free display box for your medals that will be shipped separately.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4844 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2014  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would guess they wouldn't sell very many at a price $6-7 higher than the established W ASE...

The Teddy Roosevelt Coin and Chronicles set has been on sale for a couple of months and has sold less than 8000.

That set includes a $1 Teddy, a bronze medal, a .999 1 ounce silver medal and presentation packet ($57.95)
Edited by Foxwoods Man
02/14/2014 2:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2543 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2014  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add denco7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So much for the Teddy Roosevelt set being one of a kind, lost that investment.
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2014  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Price is a little high it seems, but I would buy that series in silver.
Learn More...
United States
87600 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2014  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So much for the Teddy Roosevelt set being one of a kind, lost that investment.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2014  04:14 am  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of the reason for the low sale # of the TR set is because the set won't be shipped until early March. Many people will wait until shipment date (such as me) and other will wait until there are some positive feedback from the first wave of shipment (I would order more than 1 if the quality is good and the overall feedback is good).

I agree with denco7.
I also think for $50/ea it's a bit high (like Foxwoods Man said) so unless there's special discount for the subscription or introductory period discount (like the commemorative coins), the program will die or goes the way of the First Spouse series.
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1812 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2014  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They tried the same thing with the gold First Spouse program and the subscription plan was dropped after the first year due to rising gold prices. The full set box never materialized, however, smaller four-coin boxes were. I'd not bother with the presidential medals because most of the designs are really ugly based off of the peace medal that was given to Native American tribes. If they were to reimagine the presidential medal series in a contemporary fashion like the recently released Code Talker medals, I'd be interested.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1222 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2014  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I took the same survey yesterday.....these medals don't interest me. I guess I am more of a coin collector than a medal collector.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,087Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05