Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay And The CCw

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20332 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2014  1:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It's official the CCW is disbanded. I received an email from Judith explaining that you must report through regular channels now. If anyone else received it please don't post the email here, there's no need.

On the brighter side, you can now provide an explanation using the normal procedure....

Report Item > Copyright and Trademark > Counterfeit Item or Authenticity Disclaimer > Counterfeit, Fake, or Replica Item

After you make the last choice a text area will appear to provide an explanation. I'm not going to get upset until I see that this doesn't work. I've reported a few this way today, we'll see if it works.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9160 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2014  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm interested to hear what happens, if anything, to the listings you reported.
Member SSDC, TNA
Valued Member
United States
234 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2014  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ALP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've reported obviously fake coins on eBay a few times in the past, always using the normal procedure. I wasn't even aware of the CCW. I never got any notification about whether the listings were removed and didn't think to go back and check. Also, the reporting procedure gives you a very small amount of text for your explanation.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20332 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2014  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, its the weekend. It's always been slow sometimes on the weekend, it may not be until midday Monday for any results.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9271 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2014  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bobby. We'll check back in a few days and see what happens.
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2373 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2014  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nlp coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always used the normal eBay channel for reporting with some success. nlp
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
772 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2014  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tom Goodheart to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've used the 'conventional' reporting for items on eBay. co uk. When I can I provided links to forgerynetwork. Never had any effect as far as I can tell.

I also used the CCF links. Again .. zilch. But maybe that's because they were uk listings?

Either way, not much point having a system if nobody pays any attention to the reports...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1656 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2014  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numismat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hate to say it, but I told you so 3 weeks ago. You guys didn't want to believe me.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20332 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2014  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, I didn't believe you. Because it wasn't true then. I was getting almost immediate action from the CCW until about 3 days ago.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1656 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2014  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numismat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I stopped receiving confirmations of my report and follow-up replies as of May 9th
Pillar of the Community
United States
1796 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2014  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveCaruso to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was there any reason given why the group was disbanded?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1699 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2014  06:58 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got the email too. In the last 3 weeks I've seen coins that were pulled after I reported them relisted and sell. These coins were counterfeits, listed incorrectly and damaged selling as varieties and errors.

I may have had one coin removed in the last 2 weeks. It was listed as a 1974-D Aluminum Cent. It had 30+ bids and was at around $550, if I remember correctly. The seller has changed the wording in the listing and it's back up. The new listing is 281354020019 and is now listed as "Silver/Aluminum Alloy 1974 D Lincoln Cent! Extremely Rare Coin!" but it has no bids so far.

I have reported the new listing with a reference to the coin that was to be auctioned by Heritage. That coin is now in litigation and the US Mint wants it back.

To see the article about the real 1974-D Aluminum Cent see: http://www.coinworld.com/insights/m...ent.all.html It looks like this REAL coin will go the way of the Switt's family / Langbord's 10 - 1933 Saint-Gaudens double eagles.

As it's been said, eBay is limiting the way we can have counterfeit coins removed.

Very sad.
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Edited by Yokozuna
06/06/2014 07:03 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
9160 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2014  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has anyone else received an e-mail from eBay CS support to contact them by phone? I'm guessing it's regarding a listing for an obvious counterfeit I reported over a week ago.
Member SSDC, TNA
Edited by dave700x
06/07/2014 08:46 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1699 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2014  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just checked my eBay messages and I have 39 request to contact eBay CS Support by phone. I'll be calling this afternoon to see what information they need.

Why did they change the CCW process?!

Ben
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Edited by Yokozuna
06/07/2014 12:34 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1804 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2014  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Domain555 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Newbbie here..........

What is CCW?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05