Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

First To Post 2015 Coins Contest

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 57 / Views: 7,617Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
2543 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2015  5:03 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add denco7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
That time of year again, the 2015 coins should start appearing

First to post a 2015 Penny, Nickel, Dime, and Quarter. From circulation only. You have to receive the coin in change, or get it from the bank when you cash a check.
Write the date of the day the picture is taken on a piece of paper and stick it behind the coin when you take a picture of it, so we can read it.

Please include each example of coins found in posts. For example, if you find a 2015 nickel, post a pic. Then you find a quarter. Post a pic of the nickel and the quarter in the post in which you show you have found the quarter. And where you got the change in your post, if you remember.

Prize will be awarded. I will try to pick something cool.
Personal integrity will reign here. Please make it fair for everyone. Change only, no going to the bank asking for rolls of new coins, no CRH and no raiding the till at work please

HAVE FUN !
Pillar of the Community
798 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2015  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Normic67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a very easy thing to cheat on, I'm Canadian and honestly haven't found any 2015 coins...
Valued Member
United States
167 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2015  12:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mullen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope there isn't any cheaters as well, and everyone sticks to the rules.
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2015  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the contest. I'll keep checking my change....
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5828 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2015  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChildOfTheWheat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got this yesterday, I guess it doesn't count

Cool contest, can't wait to see who wins
Pillar of the Community
United States
2543 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2015  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add denco7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got this yesterday, I guess it doesn't count

Wouldn't be fair. But it must have been a unique experience to attend the release ceremony of Homestead ATB

There is still plenty of time to search your change. Typically all the coins (cent, nickel, dime, quarter) don't all show up until April. Cents usually show up around mid February and the other coins show up through March and April.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3605 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2015  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So is the contest to find all four from circulation - in other words, first to get all 4 is the victor? Or are there four victors, one for each denomination?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5818 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2015  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got the cents in Las Vegas in 52 cents change at Binion's cafe restaurant on 2/11/15. (The half dollar was a first in change in a long time!)

Pillar of the Community
United States
2543 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2015  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add denco7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alright, first cents are starting to show as well as some nickels I believe.

Quote:
So is the contest to find all four from circulation - in other words, first to get all 4 is the victor? Or are there four victors, one for each denomination?

Yes, the contest is to post all four. If you get a cent, post a picture of it with the date and where you received it. When you get a nickel, post a picture of the cent and the nickel with the date and where you got the nickel, when you get a quarter, post a picture of the cent,nickel and quarter with the date and where you received the quarter ...... etc. First to post all four. (please within the rules of fairness) gets the prize.
Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2015  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NickelCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What if say, you were coin roll searching, And came across these? Would it still count?
Valued Member
United States
167 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2015  12:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mullen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Read the original rules/post and you have the answer.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2543 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2015  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add denco7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Trying to make it fun and educational. Everyone always asks " when do the 2015 (yearly circulating) coins start to show up . This is a fun way to answer that question by documenting when circulating coins start showing up in change. CRH, getting rolls from the Fed, posting purchased mint sets, skews the results. Counting on people to Have Fun playing within the guidelines.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2435 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2015  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Altaira to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
denco, can Canadians join? We no longer have pennies though.
Toronto Coin Club www.torontocoinclub.ca
Office of the Secretary
Meetings 3rd Mondays at 7 PM
Pillar of the Community
United States
2543 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2015  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add denco7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, with no penny and an unfamiliarity with how the RCM distributes their circulating issue, the contest wouldn't be balanced. Perhaps a similar contest in the Canadian forum is order.
Learn More...
United States
95801 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2015  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Perhaps a similar contest in the Canadian forum is order.
Just so we are clear, there is only one contest forum and not one for each country.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5828 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2015  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChildOfTheWheat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello! Today I got a coffe at a gas station and got two quaters in my change: a nice new 2015 Homested Quarter and a bicentenial quarter!

Happy hunting!
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 57 / Views: 7,617Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05