Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Found Any 2015 Coins So Far?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
4904 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2015  5:04 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinHuntingDrew to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It's weird, I've actually been finding a lot less 2014 nickels this year in my weekly boxes of nickels than I was during 2014, but a ton of 2014 cents.
Pillar of the Community
664 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2015  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i got a 2015-D one cent a couple of days ago.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6795 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2015  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been finding plenty of 2015 (Philly) cents in my everyday change ... Maryland USA.

No other 2015 dated coins so far.

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4904 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2015  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHuntingDrew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm waiting for the mintage figures (if they haven't already came out) for January alone for the 2015's in Numismatic News. I saw the December 2014 mintage figures and thought they were January 2015's figures...LOL. So I got all fed up about them possibly not making any 2015 D nickels for nothing.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5053 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2015  11:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Around here there is usually a rash of solid boxes of the current year cents and nickels for about a month every March and then it is back to mixed circulation coins with some current issue UNC mixed in for another month or so. A few months ago I got a box of nickles that was 50% UNC 2005 coins. I can only guess by years of roll hunting strategy that someone who was holding 2005's for a big payout finally gave up and dumped their holdings.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10305 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2015  01:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing yet from change. But I bet if I go to the bank for boxes in the next month I'll get one that's new 2015 cents.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4904 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2015  03:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHuntingDrew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jack Jeckel, that's EXACTLY how my box of nickels was early 2014 and late 2013. All 2005 D Bison Bison nickels, with some being Ocean in View. Mostly bison though. I still have a small handful of BU ones. I remember opening rolls and there'd be like 25 of them in one roll. I had several boxes straight of them, (finding a lot a roll, 50%-60%+ boxes full of them) until early 2014 and then it slowly died down. In mid-2014 I was finding a couple here and there that I was almost certain were from the same dump due to the general color. It had the goldish tone the coins get from being around in the air and in rolls, bags etc. I still find them here and there, but it was so weird.

It's always weird how my MWR can carry weird things. One time I had a penny box dump FULL of 1974-1975D cents in amazing BU condition. I managed to pull over 150 out at least, and sort through and fill up 1-3 rolls worth of them. I still have them laying around. I think the best one I pulled out must have been an MS65 1974 cent. I doubt it'd grade a MS66, but it was amazing.

I could go on and on, lol. I've had boxes where I had hoards of proof coins. Not many, but I think once I scored a 2006 S, 2012 S, and a 1968 S and maybe some more out of one box of nickels.

From boxes of nickels with key date dumped in them (1939 D, 1938 S) in one box, to another box of cents with 30+ wheats. I think my best box is either 29 wheats, or 37 wheats. I can't remember quite exactly, but I believe it's over 30.

In my CWR I get every so often, I score a lot more. I had 3 rolls of nothing but pre-1968 coins a month or so back all in old wrappers.
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2015  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Night Hawk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All my nickel boxes so far have been mixed dates, I'm actually hoping to get a few solid date rolls this year so I can cherry pick out a few nice ones.
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2015  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sloanjr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i have received a 2015-p dime in change and also 2015 penny so far
Valued Member
United States
249 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2015  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add iontyre to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a single 2015 P cent so far... actually found it a few days before finding my first 2014 D!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2422 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2015  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Altaira to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't roll hunt anymore, but I got a 2015 nickel in my change last week.
Toronto Coin Club www.torontocoinclub.ca
Office of the Secretary
Meetings 3rd Mondays at 7 PM
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1744 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2015  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ace_ftw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have received while roll hunting in the Metro Vancouver area, about $300 in brand new quarters (2015) over the past 2 weeks.
Valued Member
United States
204 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2015  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DaSlayer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a couple of 2015-D pennies I got in change.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05