Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canada 1891 Large Cent Ebay Variety Repaired N

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2810 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2018  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I have a couple, but they are VF ... too bad.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
713 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2018  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JeyRey2000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okie I think VF at this stage is pretty darn good grade for these ones! I have checked hundreds on line from F to MS65 and seen only the 2 so far.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2810 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2018  11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In Rob Turner's book, "Dies and Diadems", he has the repunched (corrected N) 1891 Obv 2 as Obverse die O2S-L10. That die struck 1.2% of all 1891 Obv 2 LD/LL cents. It was mated with Rev die R10-L11. The is no R/P'd N on either the SD/LL or SD/SL 1891 Obv 2's.... only the LD/LL Reverses.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1462 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2018  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am so lucky I found my coin in the garden shed must have fell out of my pocket when I got the lawn mower out.

It still needs lots of handling I'll have to be more careful in the future.
I agree with all others in how hard it is to find this variety in any grade but the higher grades are treasure's for sure.

Here's the one I have

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1462 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2018  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just noticed that CV's coin and my coin have a mark on the Queen's check in about the same area is this the same on all of the repaired N's I only have this one to compare?
Pillar of the Community
United States
758 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2018  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you found that one papeldog!

I have 2 of these and neither has the mark on the Queen's cheek.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2810 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2018  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can only find one of mine (I loan lots of coins out for research/study) and it has no mark on the cheek either.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1427 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2018  12:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations papeldog! Very glad you found yours...very nice details on it...

Sorry Jey...mine is not for sale, as it's the best one I've been able to locate...

I believe it's even scarcer than the 1.2% estimated by Mr.Turner...they are exceedingly difficult to find...I'm estimating somewhere between 1:200 to 1:300
Pillar of the Community
Canada
713 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2018  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JeyRey2000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
May have found another one. Not great condition but first I found in 4 years.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05