Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2015 Ultra-High Relief 3-Coin Set Singing Moon Mask

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 318 / Views: 28,152Next Topic
Page: of 22
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1989 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2015  07:00 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Northerncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just noticed there is no dedicated thread for this set.

Feel free to post your pictures, thoughts etc. Nice set , I think its going to be a slow climb, but it should do ok considering only 3000 mintage.

As someone has said somewhere that resellers are not very interested in this set, which could be a good thing long term as most people buying the set are actual collectors so the sold numbers are more true then some other over hyped coins/set at release time.

Fine Silver Ultra-High Relief 3-Coin Set - Singing Moon Mask
Edited by Northerncoins
03/04/2015 07:46 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
630 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2015  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Electrum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No question...There has been a steady movement of the masks...
Given the very low dealers allotments, it appears the total available is just above 600 sets left...2400 sold...
More good pics would be great...
I'm awaiting my shipment
Pillar of the Community
Canada
640 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2015  09:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add justsilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SGB started selling Moon Mask Coins Sets yesterday morning with 30 sets in its system.
https://silvergoldbull.com/set-of-3...silver-coins
Current stock level: 30 sets available.

Colonial Acres also started selling Moon Mask Coins Sets yesterday morning with 10 sets in its system.
http://www.colonialacres.com/produc...xempt-142296
Current stock level: 10 sets available.

Both companies sold 0 quantity in past 24 hours.
Sad.

I, personally, ordered 3 sets from The Coin Shoppe for me & my friend.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
981 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2015  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add elkslayer132 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2400 sold give me a break they are not selling just keep trying to convince yourselves that it popular. We already know it's a fail because they are barely moving off the shelves. AND YES WE KNOW THERE ARE ONLY 3000 AS YOU HAVE STATED A HUNDRED TIMES
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1989 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2015  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Northerncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
AND YES WE KNOW THERE ARE ONLY 3000 AS YOU HAVE STATED A HUNDRED TIMES

No not quite 100 times yet.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1822 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2015  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yingyang to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:
We already know it's a fail because they are barely moving off the shelves.

I hope your right they only sell a 2,000 or less sets.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6609 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2015  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, you all correct, we have to keep in mind the mintage, since it the LOWEST planned mintage for RCM 1oz silver coins.

*Less than 2011 Lady Bug Venetian Glass (as I remember, both forums initially declared that the coin just do not worth CAD 139)
*Less than "Farewell to Penny" sets

It equal to the mintage of the "Gods" + "Star Trek" sets, but these already in past, people got them and its all, while the latest RCM release "stole" all the attention.

Will be the last 600+ RCM in stock sets sold, or the final mintage will be even lower - this set will be always in the first row at the collectors displays.
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2015  11:14 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Low mintage doesn't mean anything with the RCM. Look at how many coins actually sold of each release in relation to their declared mintage by analyzing their annual reports. You will most likely find several silver coins which sold less than 3000 with a mintage of 5000+.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1989 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2015  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Northerncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You will most likely find several silver coins which sold less than 3000 with a mintage of 5000+.

True but none started with max 3000 Mintage, this is the difference.

Well maybe some higher priced single coins started with less but they were like double the price or more for just one coin.

There I think I said 3000 mintage 7 times give or take so far lol.
Edited by Northerncoins
03/04/2015 11:21 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2015  11:27 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, but unless the coin appeals to a wider audience mintage means very little. It's popularity (demand) that will drive the secondary market price and supply (mintage) does not look like it's sweating right now... :)
Unless you like to keep a set or two for your own collection I'd stay away from these - and as far as I can.
Valued Member
Canada
102 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2015  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add clvlys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just ordered a set. They look really nice plus I like the low mintage, and I have the other mask coins. Clearly I hope they retain or go up in value, but my motivation is not short term gain by flipping coins. They go into my collection, which no doubt will pass to my kids.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
871 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2015  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jsinger21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These sets will find their way to a good home and that's the collector IMO.
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2015  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^
And isn't this how it's supposed to be? :)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2698 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2015  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yes, but unless the coin appeals to a wider audience mintage means very little. It's popularity (demand) that will drive the secondary market price and supply (mintage) does not look like it's sweating right now... :)
Unless you like to keep a set or two for your own collection I'd stay away from these - and as far as I can.

Most people don't have a clue what a Moon Mask is, unlike the Star Trek series. It really has to be part of pop culture to appeal to the masses. That is one reason why the first glow in the dark dinosaur coin did so well. Every kid (and every adult) knows what dinosaurs are. Same goes with Superman, practically everyone on Earth knows who Superman is.

As for the RCM, they sold a total of 23 sets since they were open to the public. It started at 635, and now it is at 612. Not exactly on fire.

Also the high cost of the set is a factor in slow sales. $360 is a lot of money to some people. That can be a deterrence to people who have no idea what a Moon Mask is.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
630 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2015  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Electrum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JustSilver;
No need to be "sad" that two dealers haven't sold any - not reflective of anything.
...this fantastic looking singing moon masks sets will ALL sell out...2388 already out the door -
The design is incredible...and RCM knows this - hence, the various styles collectively named "interconnections"...and low allotment to dealers.
Wish I was able to afford the various gold versions...
If holding value is a concern of yours...don't worry...this set will not lose its value...and despite slow moving - they will fully sell out - and very few if any will ever get to the secondary market because non-flippers are buying them up...

As Silveroid highlighted....this is the lowest set mintage in a very long time...mintage 3000 - expect full sell out soon...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2184 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2015  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Personally...I think the 3000 haven't sold out because all the big shot flippers have been stuck with inventory over the last year or so and are now gun shy.
Two or three years ago the flippers would be having a feeding frenzy with this set.
I see this as a good thing. At least the true collector can purchase the coins at Mint issue price.
Cheers
Edited by darryldarryl
03/04/2015 3:01 pm
Page: of 22 Previous TopicReplies: 318 / Views: 28,152Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05