Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Do You Like Buying Cull Coins?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1536 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2015  04:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add buddy16cat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
True, depends on the "cull" and what is in the lot. Some may classify a coin as "cull" just because it is low grade but will it included it with stuff that is bent up and no date. It depends on how cheap you get them too, since the really crappy won't sell and you get stuck with it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1704 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2015  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gyrene7483 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The copper and nickel culls I get are spent for face value since that is what I paid for them. The silver culls are sold by actual weight to anyone buying 90% silver. Culls just are not worth my time to do anything else with. Rare dates I will pay half of a problem free coin in G-4 regardless of what the coin looks like and take the highest offer. The buyer is happy and I sold a coin I would rather not have.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4871 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2015  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHuntingDrew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even though I don't consider this a cull, I picked up a nice 1853 3 cent silver from my LCS today for $7.00. It has really light corrosion on the reverse, and Verdi-Care would easily take that off and make it an easy $40 coin.
Pillar of the Community
656 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2015  12:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i buy culls for my personal collection and not to flip.
Pillar of the Community
United States
592 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2015  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add garys64wildcat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have 1904 Teddy Roosevelt copper election medal, with Vice Pres on reverse, dollar size, a Remember the Maine token and 1888 V nickel all with holes above date, a 2 1/2 gold peso in a ring I bought in Aculpulco in 1976 tails is almost smooth and heads AU. All have memories except 1888.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1536 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2015  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add buddy16cat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was watching another cull lot I was going to bid on but forgot. It had a 1809 Half Cent that needed Verdi-Care, A couple holed 3 cent silver, and others.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05