Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help With Rarity / Value Of Sweden Proof Coins.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
235 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2015  8:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add PatAR to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've come across a collection of coins of Sweden dated 1946 through 1950 in denominations from 1 ore all the way to 2 kronor. All are in PCGS holders and most are identified as proof. I've posted a sample 1946 50 ore in PR67 identified as "Ni-Brnz" below to give you an idea of what these look like.

I'm attempting to establish the approximate value so I can get a fair price for the owner, but my knowledge of Swedish coins is limited and my library has thus far been of little help.

A review of PCGS and NGC websites indicates there are a handful of these proof examples graded, but no books in my library list the proof issues nor any guide to value. Searches of auction sites in hopes of finding previous sales prices to gauge value has proved equally unsuccessful.

If anyone can give me an idea of rarity and value or at least point me to a definitive resource on the subject I'd greatly appreciate it.

Valued Member
United States
331 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2015  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lovecoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i think I apeal matters I personally like it alot
Pillar of the Community
United States
6427 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2015  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverStackerKid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice undertones.
Valued Member
Norway
148 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2015  05:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aleroe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi!

Theese coins are infact not proof, they are infact just early strikes made with polished dies. Here in scandinavia, they tend to call them "Prakt" which can roughly be translated to prooflike. As far as we know, none of the scandinavian mints, had the equipment to make proofcoins until the late 90's, but you tend to find some coins from the early years of the type, that looks somewhat proof.

as far as pricing goes, you will probably get some insane prices on them if you sell them in the US, because here across the pond, we just smash the slabs. I've seen some danish and swedish proof gold selling for well above $5000k, which is tenfold of what the prices would been here.

I would guesstimate, that the 50 ore 1946 you have there, could fetch $200 over there, and a maybe 100 over here.

best regards

Alexander from Oslo.
Valued Member
United States
235 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2015  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PatAR to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you to all for your comments.

And many thanks to you, Alexander. I really appreciate your insight. This is a great help! I've recently obtained additional details from a European auctioneer that corroborated the early strike, proof like nature of these coins.

Thanks again for your help,

Pat
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05