Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Having $14 Ebay Bucks, Which Lincolns To Buy

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,025Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
724 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2015  2:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mdrosophila to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

The Whitman book still has holes for 1955s 1954 1953s 1952s 1951s 1949s 1946s 1945s 1942s. Is it possible to fill all of them in MS condition for 14 dollars?
If not, what is the best route to buy these coins? I plan to buy them over time whenever I have some money on ebay bucks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3519 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2015  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your best bet is to look for lots for sale that have most of the coins you want and then maybe you can trade extras for what's left. I did a search on eBay for "S BU Lot" and saw a couple of options.

I will say that the 42-S was tough for me in BU. I think I spent $14 for it alone. Many of the other are do-able for $1-2 per coin but you need to buy them together or shipping will kill you.
Edited by KenKat
07/05/2015 3:02 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
724 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2015  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdrosophila to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. Ken.
I just purchased this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400936185271
I have two Whitman books. I guess that I just upgrade one of my Whitman book from 1941 to 1951 to BU. I have 3 1943 steeler sets in BUs. I guess that 1950 pennies are not difficult to fill and I have to wait next round of purchase.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1109 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2015  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skyshark124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with KenKat. Some of those pics in that auction are blurry, but from what I see, they look pretty good, especially for the price.
Pillar of the Community
United States
632 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2015  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AlbumAccumulator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If those turn out to be in nice condition, I think you did well.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2015  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good lead KenKat. Nice additions for a reasonable price. This forum should consider having some of old folks contribute much duplicated inventory to newer collectors. I wouldn't mind donating a few pounds of stuff for newer collectors. Do we have anything like that?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3519 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2015  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup, that was for sure one of the listings I saw! That's a nice lot for that price - good pickup and the eBay bucks makes it all the better.

p.s. I started my Lincoln collection with brown circulated coins and then went down the same BU upgrade path that you are going down. There are some bargains out there if you are patient and it's a great set to build.
Edited by KenKat
07/05/2015 10:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1037 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2015  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add welder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome use of your eBay Bucks.

I used my last certificate to buy a Macro Converter lens for my camera to take better pix of my coins.
Valued Member
United States
104 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2015  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crusherjc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, great idea mdrosophila! I got my email from ebay the other day saying that I have $29 ebay buck avail. Wasnt sure what to spend them on, but filling a few holes in my Lincoln set sounds like a great idea. anyone know of really good ebay sellers for Lincoln cents. looking for some gembu's from late 40's through the 50's if anyone has any favorite sellers...
Jim
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,025Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05