Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Usda Food Coupons

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a nice addition to the thread. I have never seen these anywhere before. There must have been millions printed and somehow they all eluded me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4409 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know my mother redeemed them every so often otherwise it was lost revenue. When the paper coupons were being phased out she turned in a large quantity she had on hand and these were a few stragglers that were saved and/or overlooked.

-MV

Valued Member
United States
399 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2017  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one is not mine, but I thought it would be of interest to the thread. This is a replacement (star) food coupon -- only the second one I have ever seen. These would have been used to replace printing errors as inspectors found them.

Given how many food stamps were printed there ought to be many more of these, but no one was looking for them at the time so they flew under the radar. Only now that eBay has reversed the sales limitation on these are they starting to gain collector interest. I suspect more will slowly creep out of the woodwork.

Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2017  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! A star note.

Now -- start searching for that radar!

Thanks for posting that one. I never saw these before. I did pick up a ration book at a show. Showed it to my mother and she got a kick out of seeing it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4044 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2017  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting thread.
ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Valued Member
United States
399 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2017  03:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The thing I like about these is that there are only six designs in the entire series, so completing a type set is relatively easy and not too expensive. And if you want to specialize, there are many different series years to collect.

Here's a complete set (not mine, though I'm working on one).

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05