Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Discouraged Sellers  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
964 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2017  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one does show some clear warning signs that would discourage me from buying from any seller like this:
* The coin you get is not the one in the picture
* Does not offer returns (stated on the "shipping and payments" page) but wants to be contacted before leaving negative feedback, as long as you "BE NICE". With no returns, what could you possibly say that would make things right?
* Leaves insulting follow-up feedback, and yours seems to be the most polite among the negatives.

Even with over 34k positives, the negatives are telling. Some things aren't worth the risk, however small. It's one thing to be disappointed (I've been there) but another thing to have that kind of interaction after the fact. Stay away, indeed.
Working on: Franklin halves (now complete!), Peace dollars (three to go), US type (Bust era), and just started Chinese pandas.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2017  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coasterboard to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SUCCESS!

I have a positive story to tell. After being denied a refund, being verbally abused by the seller, reporting the seller, being denied the refund by eBay, calling in to report the seller, appealing the decision, losing the appeal, and leaving negative feedback, I called in a second time and plead my case on the principle that this kind of listing is just wrong. eBay should not be allowing this kind of loophole.

And the agent agreed with me. She said that eBay does not approve of posting a picture of an item in much better condition than the item being sold, even if the description mentions the condition.

Interestingly, she said that eBay has no policy on a verbally abusive seller. But she escalated my report to whoever looks at sellers and told me that if they find multiple instances of this violation, he will be banned. I'm not holding my breath, but it felt really good to have a small victory.

Honestly, getting my $9 is not so important at this point. Its nice to be refunded, but if this seller gets taken down, I'll be ecstatic.

So, be sure to call the customer support number if you get denied a refund. There are actually reasonable humans there!

But just in case:

SCLORA-ENTERPRISES

Do NOT do business with this horrible man!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
964 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2017  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on your victory, and hope for the best (worst) for that seller. It would be nice if the forced refund made them change their tune, but like you, I'm not holding my breath.
Working on: Franklin halves (now complete!), Peace dollars (three to go), US type (Bust era), and just started Chinese pandas.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2017  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Seanryan90 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If anyone would like a bit of fun, go to collectabletreasurestn page on eBay. This guy buys Detail graded coins off Heritage Auctions and then doctors them to sell raw. This isn't one or 2 odd coins but most of his inventory. After leaving negative feedback and offering proof of diagnostics on no less than 5 of his coins, he still had the feedback removed. On top of that he immediately bought one of my coins I had for sale to leave negative feedback. In his defense I did immediately cancel the order and refund his money as I refuse to deal with people who are that crooked!!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6766 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2017  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Choose wisely when dealing with eBay's arlingtoncoins2014. The only coin I ever bought from them never came, only an empty package. Honestly it looked like the coin fell out of a defective mailer, and I was refunded promptly by eBay. But...all of their raw coins list an ANACS certification # in the specifics. Imo, they do it so the coins show up in searches. I've called their attention to it, but it still continues.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7158 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2017  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
rholcomb1921
https://www.ebay.com/sch/rholcomb19...g=200&_from=
is currently selling coins on eBay that are infected with PVC green slime and come in the flips that are unsafe and very old. I messaged him about this with no response.
I made a post about my very inexpensive coins I purchased on eBay in a thread here on CCF and asked in a poll what to do about this.
I took the most popular advice and wrote him first, now I am posting to warn others that you could easily get coins with PVC damage dealing with this seller.
The second most popular advice I got was to just let this go and move on, so now that is what I am going to do.
If I do get a response from the seller, I will post about it here.
The holders tell the story.
The images in the listing do not show coins in holders.

W.A.N.S. Pennsylvania - 45th Williamsport Area Numismatic Society Coin Show ~ July 28 2018
ALWAYS A great coin show & getting better every year! ANACS will be there for submissions - SEE YOU THERE!
More information http://goccf.com/t/312115
Edited by TNG
09/02/2017 12:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7158 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2017  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
About the above post: I have received a message about this and the seller is going to go through his coins and I hope he pulls them or at least discloses the issue in the sales that the coins in this particular lot he picked up have this problem.
I will give him the benefit of the doubt and his message was nice enough.
I'd like to believe I helped him and future buyers anyway.
He wrote:

Quote:
Thanks for the advise, I will start working on that in the next few days. They are in 2X2 boxes with all the other coins in that particular 30-50 coin grouping for that sales end date. So I have 52 2X2 boxes to look through.

Perhaps dealing with rholcomb1921 will in the future not be a problem. Gotta give him that.
W.A.N.S. Pennsylvania - 45th Williamsport Area Numismatic Society Coin Show ~ July 28 2018
ALWAYS A great coin show & getting better every year! ANACS will be there for submissions - SEE YOU THERE!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7158 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2017  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was going through my eBay leave more feedback tab, I left a few tonight for some coins that arrived recently.
Scrolling down I saw I have not left any for rholcomb1921.

He has done nothing to avoid selling his "30-50 coin grouping" of potentially PVC infected coins after giving him his a friendly "heads up".
I was going to leave feedback tonight but thought I'll check the small cent listings he has up first.
It's just as it was. He is still selling them and I no longer can say that dealing with him is a good idea for anyone. I did not ask for a refund since it was only a couple bucks, but he never offered either. I really don't care about the money, but I hate being told what I want to hear. Mostly bothers me that others will buy the much more expensive ruined coins. I should leave a negative, but probably will just let this die off.
I am not one to post negative feedback. I still might.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7158 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2018  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
auagsales
https://www.ebay.com/sch/auagsales/...047675.l2562
declined my best offer. I ended up paying full price because I really wanted a medal.

auagsales messaged me with ...

I really apologize for the error but somehow we relisted a coin(s) that were already sold. I do not have the coin in inventory. I have to refund your purchase.
Sorry for the confusion.

Yet, I see the reason in my cancellation from eBay selected is ....
This order was not successful. Order cost has not been included in the total amount. This order has been cancelled The amount of $49.95 has been refunded

I had a feeling that several of his listings were better than others. I have been watching for this medal for a long time and it has not sold on eBay, not in the past year anyway. His lesser lots remain but a half dozen of the best ones are now ended early without a sale.

Clearly a case of sellers remorse and dishonest reasons for refund.

I do discourage CCF members from dealing with auagsales
Edited by TNG
03/14/2018 12:05 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1867 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2018  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Check John77's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really think we need one of these stickies for buyers too. Sometimes, they come up with the most ridiculous stuff! Yeah, he claims he was sold a fake 1969-D Quarter!

CRH Nickeloholic. On the way to 1,000,000 nickels searched in two years! Already have found TWO complete Jefferson sets over that time!
Edited by John77
05/26/2018 12:29 pm
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.18 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05