Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1999 P Dime DDO

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 2,864Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2015  09:42 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Supa Bustos to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Looks like the date is doubled and a missing layer and off center, what do think ?

Edited by Supa Bustos
09/15/2015 09:51 am
Valued Member
United States
449 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2015  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eagle_eye_18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The photos are to blurry to distinguish anything.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36414 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2015  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1249 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2015  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tweak800 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pictures are the very important worth out the right tools for the job it takes an art to get a good picture. Have to think clarity, stability, lighting. If you hold the phone/camera close you will likely loose clarity unless you have a macro lens. If you hold it 6 to 8 inches away you will likely increase clarity and have to zoom causing the need for good stability or if you are slightly moving the exposure will be blurry. Lighting Egh once you get those 2 then worry about that haha good luck
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  06:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Shakespear1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i found a roosevelt that I think is doubled. however what got me on this post, is my dime has the same spot on face....
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36414 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Start your own thread and include good photos so we can help you out.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47280 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I doubt it is missing cladding on that area. It is probably a stain or corrosion on that area. You might try keeping it in your pocket of change for a time to see if the coating comes off the high points on your coin. But as damage to a coin, there would be no premium for it. If it were missing cladding, then you would expect to see an incuse area on the coin.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 2,864Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05