Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Returning/Refunds From The Mint

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 3,146Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
4685 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2015  7:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
When you return coins back to the mint, how long does it take to be refunded? And how does one go about returning? Please advise. Checking eBay, there really isn't much profit to me made on the JFK chronicles sets. And since I have no interest in them I might as well send them back. I took a chance but I lost.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Edited by TheForce
09/22/2015 09:29 am
Learn More...
United States
87472 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2015  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There will not be any profit until it sells out, which could probably happen this week.

However, there is only a seven day return window (from receipt, not order).

No sure what I would do, as I have always intended to keep my set.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4685 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2015  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't even received the coins yet. I am guessing in a day or two.

UPDATE: I tried to initiate a return on the Mints site but it wasn't working. I clicked the red return item(s) button. Went to the returns page and selected my reason. It showed a link for a .pdf RMA form but that didn't work. I clicked return items or whatever and the red box greyed out and nothing happened.
Edited by TheForce
09/22/2015 11:42 am
Learn More...
United States
87472 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2015  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would not worry about it until you get them. Hopefully they will have sold out by that time and you can then worry about your eBay listing experiences.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4685 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2015  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your prolly right jbuck. Even with the excessive fees I'd prolly still come out ahead on these.
Learn More...
United States
87472 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2015  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Exactly. You are going to have to ship them either way. A little patience is warranted. Worst case you return them to the mint.

I am still expecting a sellout though.
Valued Member
United States
103 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2015  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Warcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Return them to someone on this site. I am sure someone here would give you the money back. You can charge them the shipping!
Learn More...
United States
87472 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1037 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2015  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add welder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I return items to the Mint, I call the 800# and talk to a rep. The reps are always courteous and willing to assist. Also, I have them send me a prepaid return label when I initiate the RMA process.

Once the Mint receives the item, it takes 3-5 business days for the refund to hit your purchasing card.

The above has been my experience and your experience may vary.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10494 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2015  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Return them to someone on this site. I am sure someone here would give you the money back. You can charge them the shipping!

Quote:
Okay, that is not a bad idea.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2015  03:09 am  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Mint is very liberal on their return policy. Especially, if you are not happy with your purchase, because of the quality issue then the 7-days window seemed irrelevant. I have returned coins in the past after I inspected the coins carefully (a few months after receiving then, since I was busy) and found quality issues in them.
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Valued Member
United States
103 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2015  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Warcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the first time I returned a item to the mint, about 10 years ago, I had not been in town to open the box and look at them. It had been 6 days from when they were delivered and I called and they said if it didn't get to them by the next day it was not able to be returned. That they would send it back to me again if it didn't make the 7 days from drop off.
I had to order a new coin and when it came in return the bad one on that order.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1812 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2015  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you haven't picked them up and don't want to pay return shipping, simply refuse delivery of the package. You could also mark "refused, return to sender" as well. And it would be processed as if it were a customer generated return.
Learn More...
United States
87472 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2015  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. I am not sure I would do that. I like having a "paper trail" for backup.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4685 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2015  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, my sets arrived today. I am just sending them back. Looking on eBay today the prices are really falling on these. I got on the live chat and talked to a representative. Said to fill out the return form and use the enclosed return label. Taped the box back up and off to the post office they go before work. Btw, I wasn't really impressed with the reverse proof. Thought they'd look a lot nicer than they did.
Learn More...
United States
87472 Posts
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 3,146Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05