Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1942 Newfoundland Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 1,616Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
955 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2015  09:43 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Mr Click to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Bask in the glory!! My first Newfoundland.

Pillar of the Community
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2015  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CLS12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find. I have yet to find one of those. I always thought you had tiny hands, but I guess it's bc you usually post pics holding all them giant Ikes, Morgan's, peace, ASE finds !
Learn More...
United States
90010 Posts
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2015  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add uncle bob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is so cool. If I found one of those I would fall out of my chair. Congrats, Mr. Click.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4210 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2015  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool CRH find
Pillar of the Community
United States
955 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2015  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr Click to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice find. I have yet to find one of those. I always thought you had tiny hands, but I guess it's bc you usually post pics holding all them giant Ikes, Morgan's, peace, ASE

thanks! And that made me laugh
Pillar of the Community
United States
4244 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2015  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! Just one little thing- Newfoundland, not New Foundland.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3049 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2015  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AgCoinAu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's an incredible find!

If coins could talk that one would for sure have an interesting story! Was that in the box full of wheats you posted about earlier?

Pillar of the Community
United States
955 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2015  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr Click to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No. Just a regular box of pennies
Pillar of the Community
United States
4244 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2015  02:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! That's quite a find, especially in circulation here in the states!
Learn More...
United States
90010 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2015  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Fixed.
Learn More...
Canada
9251 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2015  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used to 'salt' 1c penny rolls I take to the bank with low grade NFLD or George V small cents... but Canadian banks now just send them back to the mint.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3049 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2015  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AgCoinAu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well if you're just looking to get rid of 'em SPP.. let me know ... I love me some NEWFIE
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4210 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2015  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I assumed the OP was playing on "found" since it was a CRH find. I've always wondered why so many use the broken spelling on eBay though.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4244 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2015  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You may be right. I think the ebay spellings can be explained by people who don't care to research their coins before looking for a bit of cash.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 1,616Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05