Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

3 Consecutive $1 Star Notes, Valuable?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 2,162Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2015  6:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Chellz0106 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi! I have many bills with stars at the end. From one's to twenty's, but recently received 3 consecutive one dollar bills with a star at the end, uncirculated, perfect condition, Are they valuable? If so, about how much? Any information would help. Thank you!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34867 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2015  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Check eBay sold values. I don't see much of a premium just because it's a consecutive run. Here is a link for info on star notes http://mycurrencycollection.com/ref...notes/lookup
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
7729 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2015  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What are the series and serial numbers? How about some images?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4244 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2015  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The block and series would help, but that pictures are necessary. Also, if one or more has a fancy SN that would affect the value.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49668 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2015  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Need more info.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10575 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2015  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely need more info as others have said but you could certainly get some premium if they are crisp and consecutive stars as you say.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1795 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2016  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadToTheBone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More information please so we can try to help you!
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2019  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CraKa4U to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also have a set of three consecutive star notes. They are $1 2017. They are very crispy and we're still pressed together, like just from the bank

Can anyone give me any input? I would really appreciate it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2778 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2019  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your notes would sell on eBay for a small premium. Being consecutive does not add any value...that's how they are issued. I'm unable to see any folds but handling marks are visible and the centering is a tad off. Dallas, Run #1 with 3,200,000 printed in July 2018. I've seen packs of these for sale. If I found them, I would keep them. I wouldn't buy them for the reasons stated above.

Easier to view photo of the OP's notes,

Edited by SteveInTampa
09/25/2019 5:45 pm
Learn More...
United States
88915 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 2,162Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05