Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1975 D Jefferson Nickel- High MM Placement

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2016  8:03 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add OmahaJoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I came across one of these with the mm located between the bust and the date in a nickel roll a number of months ago. I cant seem to find any info as to the rarity of it, or any sort of value linked to them. I saw that it qas mentioned in the Red Book very breifly that it had a premium value tho I can't seem to find said value.
Just how rare are these and are they the type of its worth what anyone will pay for it variety?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Pillar of the Community
United States
4807 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2016  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rackster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not familiar with this. Can you post a picture of your coin?
Learn More...
United States
23771 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2016  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is what they look like.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4807 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2016  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rackster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. Very neat! I don't think I've seen this yet during a CRH event. Something to keep in mind!
Pillar of the Community
656 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2016  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
*** Edited by Staff - Please review the rules that you agreed to when you registered. ***
Edited by ckrakowski
01/23/2016 8:44 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
838 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2016  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Check CalzoneManiac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I never knew these even existed before we got our 2015 Red Book.
Currently interested in buying 1957 and earlier Russian and Soviet coins. Let me know if you have any and we can hook up a deal!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2016  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting this

I will be checking nickels for this one.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2752 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2016  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OcalaFlorida to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
there was a contest for $1,000 to the first person to send it to david bowers search here for thread
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2752 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2016  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OcalaFlorida to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
note its not worth $1,000 that but his contest was
Valued Member
United States
462 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2016  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDCENT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find!
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2016  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OmahaJoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do believe I saw Bowers' thread about it and I think he was offering 1k for a ms 5fs of this variety. Mine sadly is not a ms 5fs but never the less I like it lol. I didnt expect to find one roll hunting but sure did lol. I don't plan to sell it as I have yet to find any others for sale to replace it later down the road. I'm more so just curious about how rare it is or isn't. From my research I have been able to track by word of mouth and not physically holding them, I have found evidejce of maybe 2 dozen or so in existence. I dont feel that's the limit on them tho, surely there must be more out there somewhere.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2044 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2017  01:12 am  Show Profile   Check John77's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found one today...

CRH Nickeloholic. Over 1,000,000 nickels searched in three years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets over that time!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4807 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2017  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rackster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stop it John...just stop it!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2044 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2017  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Check John77's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LOL @Rackster. I'm on a roll! A couple of better images of my find:

CRH Nickeloholic. Over 1,000,000 nickels searched in three years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets over that time!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05