Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Custom Pliers For Flattening Staples.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11444 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2016  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I simply use a sledge hammer.

Hey wait a minute , that was my line on the last thread about flattening staples.
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2016  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 143Paul to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I too use the MAX stapler that flattens them. The only down site is that it does not like the cheaper staples.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1445 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2016  09:48 am  Show Profile   Check Andrew99's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use a stapler that flattens them. I'm not sure about the self sealing 2x2s. They have no long history of use and I don't know what chemicals are in these adhesives.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2680 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2016  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The flat cinch stapler does a good job but not as good as the pliers.
Learn More...
United States
76345 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2016  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They have no long history of use and I don't know what chemicals are in these adhesives.
They have been available as long as I have been collecting. I have never used them. Not because I fear the adhesive, but because I worry about getting the coins out of them.

For those who worry about adhesives, ask yourself this: What holds the Mylar to the cardboard?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1445 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2016  07:23 am  Show Profile   Check Andrew99's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, thats a point I guess. The difference is that Mylar 2x2s have been around for 30 years. I've had coins in them for 30 years. Self sealers have not been around that long.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Learn More...
United States
76345 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2016  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Self sealers have been around that long or longer. They have been available as long as I have been collecting, or more accurately, as long as I have been getting supplies. I started collecting in 1978, but got my first supplies in 1981. I remember the LCS trying to upsell the self-adhesive 2x2s, but if I recall correctly, they cost several times as much so I passed.
Learn More...
Canada
8560 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2018  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw these today at Lee Valley - and I bought the larger size. They are simply awesome for cinching the staples... of course, being from Lee Valley, they are not cheap, but they fit my large hand perfectly and are perfect for the job.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pa...,43456,43400

"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11444 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2018  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll still stand by my flat clinch stapler over any pair of pliers .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Learn More...
United States
76345 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2018  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am happy with my flat nose pliers. They have been working well for over thirty years.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05