Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Dansco 8166 Progress

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 2,833Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1179 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2016  01:21 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hello There to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I received some positive feedback on my post of my current Jefferson set and I decided to post another album for your amusement.

WARNING: The last page is depressing

Thanks for viewing
Edited by Hello There
02/20/2016 01:27 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11418 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2016  01:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty! Thanks for sharing. Some holes to fill for sure but you have a great start!
Learn More...
United States
108156 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1179 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2016  01:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hello There to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why do people throw the NIFC halves into circulation?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11937 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2016  04:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like your off to a good start.

This set us harder than most start, there are lot
of holes to fill.

Quote:

I think some of it comes from coin shops. I know sometimes
a shop will buy big collection that might have multiples
of BU and proof coins. More than they will ever sell.
So they buy the NIFC and proof coins for face, then dump
them at the banks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
500 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2016  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfusion to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Hello There! That one will be fun to finish and I love the ones with the Silver Proofs!
Pillar of the Community
United States
757 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2016  07:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add davec13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks about in the same state as my album. I have a complete graded set and just recently picked up the dansco because I had a lot of extra halves laying around and they needed to go somewhere.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10180 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2016  08:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a good start. I've been working on this one from time to time for about 4 years now.
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3058 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2016  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinlover1899 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice set!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11418 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2016  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:

I think some of it comes from coin shops. I know sometimes
a shop will buy big collection that might have multiples
of BU and proof coins. More than they will ever sell.
So they buy the NIFC and proof coins for face, then dump
them at the banks.

And sometimes people buy bags and rolls of NIFC dollars and half dollars, cherry pick the best and spend the rest. For example:

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...IC_ID=251712
Pillar of the Community
United States
1119 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2016  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Steele to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are correct about that last page
Are these all from circulation? it is going be slooooow going getting the silver proofs from circ.
The ones you do have pretty nice a couple good looking proofs to boot
Pillar of the Community
United States
703 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2016  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElonU to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't worry about that last page. You'll get it filled before you know it! Beatiful coins!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1179 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2016  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hello There to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I actually found a 2010 D today. They page is no longer depressing

I buy all the proofs/silver proofs and the rest come from CRH. It is much more fun and rewarding that way.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1119 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2016  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Steele to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
score!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1119 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2016  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Steele to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I buy all the proofs/silver proofs and the rest come from CRH. It is much more fun and rewarding that way.

That's a great way to do it. You should probably just go ahead and buy an album for silver proof quarters and dimes now too
it is a reasonable excuse to buy the whole proof set and not just the half, right?
Pillar of the Community
United States
650 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2016  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add batboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep plugging away at it, you're making progress.

I went to a coin show today and got the last 3 Kennedy halves I needed. My collection is or was a bit easier though, I only did business strikes (no specials or proofs). I also stopped at 2001, because starting in 2002 the mint did not put the coins into circulation. No album, just using 2X2s and a binder.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 2,833Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: