Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Slabs, Carboard And Everything Else

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2016  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmferris to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is just stunning. I would love to have something like that, but I know that I will not. Like you, I hope that ends up housing someone's collection.

I stumbled on my "dream cabinet" a while back, from an auction that had long since closed. Had saved a picture of it, and have been thinking of putting some of my air-dried wood supply to work to build something resembling it. I would love to have something like this in my living room:

Have not been able to source the art deco style pulls, but the rest of it should actually be fairly easy to build (and hardware has been sourced). Once the weather cools down here a bit, we might find out if that really is the case.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2924 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2016  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! That's awesome! I love the pull out section there. You could use it when looking at the coins. Keep us posted if you build it. I'd love to see it!
ANA Member 3171274
Vamming? What's that?
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2016  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmferris to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wow! That's awesome! I love the pull out section there. You could use it when looking at the coins. Keep us posted if you build it. I'd love to see it!

I most definitely will keep everyone updated. Over the last few years, my woodworking projects have gotten more into furniture-making. While it would be my most ambitious project, to date, I think that I have the experience to pull it off now. We'll see, I think. Have been trying to justify putting in either a through-the-wall A/C unit in the garage, or at least a portable unit. This project might accelerate that decision.
Learn More...
United States
84230 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1281 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2016  04:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chute72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last year my local library was selling the card catalogues for $35 each. If they interest you you can start contacting libraries and schools.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05