Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Am A Certified Nurse Assistant!

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
9270 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2016  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations! Being a CNA is hard work and very worthwhile.
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
6365 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2016  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TypeCoin971793 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1169 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2016  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hello There to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all.
I can't imagine waking up at 5 a.m. during the summer though . That would be tough.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6775 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2016  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations on your

You'll be helping people ... and have a job ... well done on both accounts.

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2016  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oremoc512PM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Greetings, Fellow Nursing Assistant, and contragulations on your becoming a "NURSING ASSISTANT". I am post-retired from my nursing assistant career of 25+ years which bought me alot of hard work and satisifaction knowing that not only have I made a lot of my residents contented but appreciated! I know that you will put your all in your career. Good luck in your endevours!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5048 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2016  12:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats.

100 hours will get you an EMT, 1000 hours will get you a Paramedic.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1169 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2016  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hello There to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went back there today to make my schedule, I am starting orientation this FRIDAY I'm so nervous. I will be working there during the weekdays (not all, of them of course) and every other weekend. Of course they have to put me to work when the only coin shows I attend regularly are on the same day , meaning, I will be missing A LOT

Any words of encouragement or advice?
Edited by Hello There
05/24/2016 6:05 pm
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2016  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmmmm-- not great.

Tough it out for a while. You're going to miss some shows but after awhile I think you'll find that people swap weekend hours.

My niece works on the weekends and she's got double shifts all Memorial Day weekend. She traded hours so she could go to her brother's college graduation ceremony in MN.

It might not happen right away but I'd be really surprised if it was not allowed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4244 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2016  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish you good luck at your orientation! The issue with your hours is unfortunate, but it could be worse- my uncle (the nurse) always gets the night shift. He also has to work most holidays- what about you?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1169 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2016  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hello There to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking about working there as a summer job. After that, back to school I go to continue with my education.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5828 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2016  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChildOfTheWheat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coingrats
The hours must suck, but, hey, atleast you are doing what you want for a job!

My uncle is also a nurse... funny story on how he got there:
My uncle has been obsessed with US military collectables since he was a kid. His uncle (my great uncle) fought in WW2, and his mother (my grandma) had been a Lieutenant in the Navy during Vietnam (although she never saw combat). All my Uncle wanted to do was be a pilot. He was in the Civil Air Patrol growing up (since he and my dad grew up in Minnesota). He joined the airforce in 1992 and was in the 101st Airborne Division, 50th Medical Company (Air Ambulance). He wasn't able to fly due to his poor eyesight without glasses (and he is partially red/green colorblind) he became a medic. He was stationed in Korea for a little bit longer than a year and he returned to the US. He then got a job as a nurse, and currently works as a Anesthesia Nurse at a hospital.
Just a note on his military side of things, he joined the Air Force Reserves in 2006 and he is now a Major in the Air Force.

So basically he became a nurse because he wanted to fly a helicopter.

But anyways, back to the OP.

I wish you good luck at your orientation. Hopefully this job suits you well!
Learn More...
United States
14770 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2016  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Any words of encouragement or advice?

The patient is the most important part of your job. Remember that and you shouldn't go wrong. @hello there, I'm sure that you will be awesome!

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05