Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2016 American Eagle Platinum Proof Coin Goes On Sale On June 30

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 2,112Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2016  11:51 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
2016 American Eagle Platinum Proof Coin Goes On Sale On June 30
2016 June 30

US Mint - The United States Mint will accept orders for the 2016 American Eagle Platinum Proof Coin (product code 16EJ) starting on June 30 at noon Eastern Time (ET).

This coin is the second release in a two-year series featuring coins with reverse (tails) designs that are innovative, beautiful, and representative of our nation's core values of liberty and freedom.

The reverse of the 2016 coin was designed by United States Mint Artistic Infusion Program Designer Paul C. Balan and sculpted by United States Mint Sculptor-Engraver Joseph Menna. The design depicts Liberty holding a torch of enlightenment in her right hand and an olive branch in her left to symbolize peace. The olives represent the Thirteen Original Colonies. A bald eagle with its wings outstretched appears beside Liberty. Inscriptions are "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "1 OZ.," ".9995 PLATINUM," and "$100."

The coin's obverse (heads) features a "Portrait of Liberty." Liberty looks to the future in this modern interpretation of an American icon, the Statue of Liberty.

Pricing for the 2016 American Eagle Platinum Proof Coin is in accordance with the United States Mint pricing schedule for platinum coins. These products are priced according to the range in which they appear on the United States Mint platinum pricing range table. The mintage limit of the 2016 coin is 10,000. Orders are limited to one coin per household.

Orders will be accepted at https://catalog.usmint.gov/coin-pro...eagle-coins/ and at 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468), while hearing- and speech-impaired customers with TTY equipment may order at 1-888-321-MINT. Information on shipping options is available at http://catalog.usmint.gov/customer-...hipping.html These coins will not be available at our over-the-counter locations.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10496 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2016  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just in time for a spike in Platinum spot due to Brexit.
Pillar of the Community
United States
852 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2016  12:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got a promotion from Penn for $100
Pillar of the Community
United States
3210 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2016  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Imthealphaomega to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The question is when the they gonna release the 2016 silver proof American eagle....I need it for my proof eagle set.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1812 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2016  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They were on sale for 55 minutes and then they were gone. Probably mostly sold to flippers.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2016  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are working on the 2nd batches?
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1812 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2016  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No second batch, according to some posters on another coin related blog, the coin was oversold in those 55 minutes, leading to 11,650 individual orders. The Mint must be accounting for at least a 20% cancelation rate.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2016  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the update.
That's interesting, 10K coins. Previous year's number were low.
We'll see where this coin will goes in price (speculation market) AND the 2015 coin's price!
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1812 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2016  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Bruce: I can't imagine the 2016 APE not being a $1,600-$1,800 coin two months after issue. Platinum is so much more scarce than gold and historically runs even or as much as 50% above gold spot that for it to be $300 less per oz today is absurd. There's probably not going to be any pt bullion strikes this year, and when you can find bullion APEs, they're $1,300-$1,400 per 1oz. coin anyway, so the proof APE offering today was a no brainer despite the 10K mintage. The market is so flat for the collectible PT proofs and special burnished coins that the common dates are almost priced the same as rare (2004,2008) dates, so if you have a good eye, bargains are to be had. The platinum eagle series of proofs is a well designed eye-catching group of coins, many of which have mintages in the 3K-6K range, and worth investigating as collectibles with the market as it is right now.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 2,112Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05