Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ex Coworker Messaged Me On Facebook To Get To The Gas Station Asap...

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
498 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2016  8:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dasaki to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Apparently someone was really desperate for smokes, because these were in her til! Face value exchange, made my day.

Edited by Dasaki
07/05/2016 05:42 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3210 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2016  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Imthealphaomega to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice score. 6 silver dollars. Any better dates or better condition coins? I will give you $3 a piece for them lol.
Valued Member
United States
498 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2016  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dasaki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty common dates, 21 Morgan, 3x 22, a 23 and a 25 Peace, all Philly. The Morgan is a pretty decent grade for circulation though, a little scratched on the obverse but easily the best Morgan I have.
Valued Member
Canada
71 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2016  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Redbarchettayyz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's such a fantastic stroke of good fortune! awesome haul, I think you made out better than the guy with the smokes!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7198 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2016  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see luster!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2016  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pickup ..
Very nice to have a ex coworker to give you a call like that
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2514 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2016  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing nicer than a good friend.Make sure to reciprocate.
Valued Member
United States
498 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2016  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dasaki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I see luster!

Yeah, I need to find a real camera before I can post actual pictures of each coin though, the one on this phone is even worse than my old one.

Quote:
Very nice to have a ex coworker to give you a call like that

Quote:
Nothing nicer than a good friend.Make sure to reciprocate.

Indeed, I'm especially thankful that she kept them for me because the other cashier apparently wanted them too XD
Edited by Dasaki
07/04/2016 10:14 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2016  01:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great score, nice to have a friend who lets you know about stuff like this!

Make sure you check weights and try a magnet before you get too excited. There are non-silver counterfeits out there that are sometimes spent at face value. The merchant is the one who gets ripped off in that case!

Case in point: this fake 1893-S Morgan that turned up at a local Wells Fargo. Worth the dollar I paid as a novelty. It's way too light at about 20 grams and is strongly attracted to a magnet.

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16646 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2016  01:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps a few quick tests should also be done on those Peace dollars. You never know what motivates some people!
Valued Member
United States
498 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2016  04:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dasaki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Make sure you check weights and try a magnet before you get too excited. There are non-silver counterfeits out there that are sometimes spent at face value. The merchant is the one who gets ripped off in that case!

Case in point: this fake 1893-S Morgan that turned up at a local Wells Fargo. Worth the dollar I paid as a novelty. It's way too light at about 20 grams and is strongly attracted to a magnet.

Quote:
Perhaps a few quick tests should also be done on those Peace dollars. You never know what motivates some people!

Already done! None of them are attracted to magnets, and all six come in between 26.6 and 26.8 grams on a scale, with a control of 26.7 from a Peace dollar I already owned.

Adding even more strength to them being real is that 2 of the 3 1922 Peace dollars have visible die cracks in the neck area, and the cracks are both different from each other in pattern. So I need to do some looking into VAMs on them as well!
Edited by Dasaki
07/05/2016 05:22 am
Valued Member
United States
449 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2016  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RCook to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At current spot price, that was a $92.72 pack of smokes. Over $4.63 per cigarette. Back when I smoked I'd have paid pretty good for a pack of cigarettes when I was out, but don't think I'd ever have paid that much. Nice score!
Edited by RCook
07/05/2016 09:54 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
624 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2016  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mayflower2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good Eye to spot them in the drawer. Quick thinking!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2016  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes ...common dates ... but I do not see anything but real
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3058 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2016  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinlover1899 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great finds!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3299 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2016  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is kind of pitiful that someone spent silver dollars. At least they have gone home to someone who appreciates them.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05