Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982-P Dime Which Is A Little "Off"On The Obverse.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2027 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2016  10:21 am Show Profile   Check John77's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found this little gem CRH yesterday in a MWR.

CRH Nickeloholic. On the way to 1,000,000 nickels searched in two years! Already have found TWO complete Jefferson sets over that time!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
27081 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2016  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a keep-able MAD,nice.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2027 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2016  10:34 am  Show Profile   Check John77's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That is a keep-able MAD,nice.

Thanks, John1! Yes, it goes right alongside my two Jefferson MADs I've found. I think this one is the best of the three though!
CRH Nickeloholic. On the way to 1,000,000 nickels searched in two years! Already have found TWO complete Jefferson sets over that time!
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2016  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Nice one -- fun find!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1035 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2016  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kookoox10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That one is extreme enough that you should get a nice premium on it if you decide to sell it. The edge comes right up to rosie's head!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2027 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2016  11:59 am  Show Profile   Check John77's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Buddy!

I agree, kookoox10. But since it's my first "extreme" dime error, I'm going to keep it for now.
Edited by John77
09/10/2016 11:59 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36758 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2016  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What shows me that it is a collectable is the reverse. Note the weakness of the UNITED STATES. Because the die was so miss aligned, there was less pressure on that area:

Even though devices were not falling over the edge, it is the exception to the rule for the weakness on the reverse. Great find!
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
2027 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2016  02:57 am  Show Profile   Check John77's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, coop! I appreciate that! It found it's way into a 2x2 in almost record time!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05