Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Do You Secure Coins?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
375 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2016  3:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jaxenro to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
For the ones that are a little more valuable do keep them
In a safe, etc? What kind? Any other ideas?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32605 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2016  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have three levels of security. 1. Boxes,tubs,totes. 2. Lock boxes,small safe. 3. Safety deposit box.
John 1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
381 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2016  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin_kid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really have no security. All mine are either scattered across my desk or in a cabinet. Not that I really have anything of significant value lol.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19167 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2016  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just leave all of them on a porch with a light over them. No one would try stealing something so obviously in the open.
Just kidding of course. Nothing beats a safe deposit box at a bank. Although those are getting a bit expensive. I just got a letter from one of my banks saying how my safe deposit box will now be costing me more.
just carl
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11933 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2016  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been seeing more and more break in, making me worry about my collection.

Because of that, I have been moving more of my collection to a safe deposit box
at my bank.

I also have two gun safes, two mean dogs, video security system, and many
guns.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10290 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2016  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Based on some of the photos you've posted, GR58, it would take a couple of moving trucks to put a dent in your collection.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
642 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2016  12:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrCanada to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have mine in a old atm vault. with the current switch to the chip card it has rendered older models obsolete making old units cheap .
Pillar of the Community
United States
7192 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2016  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use both bank deposit boxes and a big anchored safe. Here is a good app to have and use, I get the daily emailed incident reports to me, keep on the look out for crime waves in your neighborhood such as break-ins, robberies, etc.

https://spotcrime.com/
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05