Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Have A Circulated $20 For $20?

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

United States
5053 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2017  11:17 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
When I first heard about the $20 for $20 program I thought it was a good idea as you had nothing to lose in case silver went down to $1 / ounce.

Then the truth came out where it was nearly impossible to redeem them or spend them.

After finding the facts out I still bought a couple more for the designs and as gifts for friends who were into the themes they represented.

I wish I would have bought another Bugs Bunny as I am a fan.

Here is my $20 for $20 (actually only cost me US$15 shipped ) pocket piece after 1 year.

Anyone else ever successfully spend or wear down a $X for $X issue?

Edited by jack jeckel
01/01/2017 11:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
631 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2017  03:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Looney4Numi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Anyone else ever successfully spend or wear down a $X for $X issue?
Not worn down, but worn around my wife's neck. She loves Bugs.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1018 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2017  07:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have stories of people spending them, but have not done it myself. I have cashed them in 4 times at my bank, never an issue, it usually takes a few minutes, but otherwise pretty straight forward process. Cash available same day.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2017  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know why you would do this to that poor coin intentionally. It went from nice to drab.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1571 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2017  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Redzapsid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I cashed in every $x for $x issued at my local bank with no problems.
Valued Member
Canada
192 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2017  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NeoSpec to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting experiment.... it really reveals how the NCLT "coins" are not designed as coins at all, but as art-to-be-hermetically-sealed-only. (Not that I'm personally saying there's anything wrong with treating it as you have, merely taking note). I wonder exactly how many days it was in your pocket before "Canada" vanished.... :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
5053 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2017  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After 1 year and 8 months in my pocket.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2340 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2017  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Check canadian_coins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing how coins degrade in pockets. I'm keeping my only sample safe, thank you.

A picture is worth a thousand words.
Valued Member
Canada
92 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2017  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add quasarito to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pure silver is a soft metal and would not stand a chance being jostled around with other metallic alloy objects in your pockets that are much harder in composition.
Valued Member
Canada
458 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2017  12:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigchip22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
love bugs but not the way the mint is over producing all this worthless junk
Pillar of the Community
United States
5053 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2017  12:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Pure silver is a soft metal and would not stand a chance being jostled around with other metallic alloy objects in your pockets that are much harder in composition.

Everything in the pocket is 90% or .999

Pillar of the Community
United States
5053 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2018  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How it currently looks.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4307 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2018  11:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the update.

I'm surprised by the amount of wear/metal loss on the coin.

I have carried a few silver coins in my pocket for years and have not experienced the same level of wear.

Valued Member
Canada
284 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2018  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KHatt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jack, is your goal to get it graded as a G-4?
Pillar of the Community
United States
705 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2018  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting post. That is wearing very quickly as it is a 2015 coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6223 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2018  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bugs me to see this coin in this condition.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05