Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Really cool 1947 quarter.. sort of.. gotta see this..  

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1414 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  09:08 am Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
first off.. this is not mine nor do I know the seller..just stumbled across it and thought I would share.. feel free to move topic if this is the wrong category.

Valued Member
Canada
367 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SelectCoinCanada to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I own one of his pieces, I bought it from another CCF member south of the border a couple years ago. SPP saw it displayed at our table at the Coin Expo and he showed me some pictures of other denomiatnios this gentleman has made. They are all quite incredible really.

Besides my passion for pennies, I LOVE working with wood so I can appreciate the amount of time and effort that goes into one of these things. So when I saw the reverse of a Canada 1858 One Cent I just had to have it, at any cost. I'll try to post some pictures later.
Memberships: O.N.A & R.C.N.A
South Wellington Coin Society
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2852 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wood working with a scroll saw which I have done but not these items, cool.

Quote:
I bought it from another CCF member south of the border a couple years ago

Can you say who the member is?

Please feel free to view my Gallery
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10523
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
6786 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Biggrassboy is a member of this forum though he hasn't posted in a number of years.
Maybe his email for PM purposes is still current.

http://goccf.com/t/81768
http://goccf.com/t/81268
http://goccf.com/t/63132
http://goccf.com/t/63499
Edited by DBM
01/11/2017 10:36 am
Valued Member
United States
355 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scstrawn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No pics of the reverse? hehe
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2852 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great links DBM I must have seen them but don't remember.
Please feel free to view my Gallery
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10523
Pillar of the Community
United States
9982 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Outstanding workmanship. I can see why they would be highly coveted by a collector, particularly for a series they especially enjoy.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
976 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Man this guy's work is amazing. When I clicked on it, I thought it was real at first glance, just spectacular. The dark light wood contrast is amazing. And right down to the finest details in the word 'cents' really cool.
Pillar of the Community
United States
586 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have his rendition of the Provincial cent obverse. It is preety cool.
www.victoriancent.com
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2822 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wildflowerAB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, an incredibly skilful artist. A wood carving of a metal object that's equally (or more) attractive than the original, that's an amazing talent.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3988 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2017  12:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have his rendition of the Provincial cent obverse. It is preety cool

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4071 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2017  12:41 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is very nice craftsmanship. I love woodworking but have not gotten into carving yet. I like how the colour difference creates a proof effect.

I believe this should go in the "Post a Woody" topic.
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan
Pillar of the Community
United States
1451 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2017  06:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The maker is Canadian and he doesn't post much at all any more.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
7096 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2017  06:12 am  Show Profile   Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is way more that $169 worth of work in that piece.
It is quite Stunning
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Valued Member
Canada
345 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2017  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add unruhjonny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it's nice and all...

But why?

What would you do with that, and why did he choose to do 1947?

weird.

Cool, but weird :)
My "want" list is HERE
Pillar of the Community
United States
586 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2017  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here you go. Steve did this one six or seven years ago. Definitely lustrous brown.

www.victoriancent.com
Edited by bosox
01/14/2017 12:00 am
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.02 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05