Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help With This Foreign Currency, Feel Free To Move If I'm In The Wrong

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 41 / Views: 4,836Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
1015 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2017  07:14 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I came across this today, is there any value here?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
Pillar of the Community
United States
1015 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2017  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I only hope someone finds this here.
Pillar of the Community
United States
648 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2017  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add schmidty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A quick search for "Hunan Government Bank" turned up this:

http://www.icollector.com/Hunan-Gov...te_i25091134

It definitely has some value. It's a cool looking note.
Edited by schmidty
01/19/2017 09:06 am
Valued Member
United States
137 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2017  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add twinkinator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah it appears to be a somewhat valuable note. If you don't mind sharing, where did you acquire it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1015 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2017  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought some arrowheads from a lady this past weekend, and I left behind my business card which reads "I bought old US coins." Well she calls me back, and tells me that she also has some old coins. I was hoping she had more, because I only got 4 IHC's & a Seated Liberty dime out of all the coins, the rest were all foreign. As I was exiting her home, this foreign note caught my eye, but I didn't know what to offer, so I snapped a picture. I guess I will be going back. Thanks for all your knowledge & help. Sorry for the picture rotating, but I don't know how to straighten it up, it doesn't appear like this when downloading?

Edited by thecoinguy1964
01/19/2017 1:22 pm
Valued Member
United States
137 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2017  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add twinkinator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Aha. Anything of interest in the foreign coins as well? I'd certainly make an offer on that note though!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1015 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2017  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll keep you posted, but I will probably just make an offer for everything.
Pillar of the Community
United States
992 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2017  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paxbrit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The note is from the Hunan Government Mint, Pick S-1913, issued in 1906. In graded Fine condition, it's about a $2,000 note on eBay. The note you photographed appears in VF condition, to me.

Me, I'd offer to have the note graded and expertised for the owner for a share of the sale.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1015 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2017  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info pax, I'll keep everyone posted.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1015 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2017  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well it's now in my possession, along with the rest of her collection of foreign coins & currency. I'll try and post some pics of the other currency later. Thanks again for all the helpful knowledge.
Valued Member
United States
137 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2017  12:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add twinkinator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad we had the opportunity to learn!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1015 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2017  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
a couple more

Pillar of the Community
United States
1015 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2017  08:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
1015 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2017  08:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
1015 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2017  08:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
1015 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2017  08:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 41 / Views: 4,836Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: