Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Large Sized Capped Bust Quarter Set

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
431 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2017  2:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add georgescoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello. I have decided to pursue a large sized capped bust quarter set aside from my dealings. It will be a problem free set in PCGS holders. I already have an 1819 in VG 10 and an 1820 in VF 25. Any advice on how to pursue this set would be greatly appreciated. Do the 1823/2 and 1827 coins count?

Thank you, I look forward to working on this set .

Pillar of the Community
United States
2431 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2017  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You should check out the PCGS registry for large size Bust Quarter set. It is a nice place to organize and store photos of your coins. There is also a wonderful virtual Abum as part of the registry.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7178 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2017  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a tough challenge. Good luck and post pictures as it comes together. We will be cheering for you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3386 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2017  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great set and a real challenge. Hopefully Connor will check in here - he's got a nice set of these and posts often.
Edited by KenKat
02/12/2017 8:05 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2031 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2017  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Connor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You will have a lot of fun with this set. In my opinion the 1823/2 and 1827 do not count for the average person and I am an average person. These are just too scarce and way too expensive. Other than these two I have a complete set of large and small diameter CBQ's. My large diameters are all graded problem free examples ranging from VG to F. Small diameters are also problem free and range from VF20-VF35.

Your main challenge will be finding problem free examples at a decent price. Most sellers on eBay ask way too much and you constantly see the same coins over and over and over again.

George...I have an extra 1822 graded G6 by PCGS if interested. In my opinion, the 1822 is tougher than the 1815 to find problem free.
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2017  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NH collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most Bust Quarter collections lack the 1823/22 & 1827. I never owned either, although I had a near complete set by date and variety. It contained almost 100 pieces. My quarter collection was sold in Bowers & Merena Auction of November 1992.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05