Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1890 CC Morgan Dollar Grade, My first ever Morgan  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United Kingdom
211 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2017  5:13 pm Show Profile   Check TobyJ's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Really enjoying the new camera setup.

This is my the first ever Morgan dollar that I bought some years ago. I bought it in a job lot some years ago, and sold all the other coins to get the money back. So, essentially this cost me nothing. I don't actually have a grade assigned to it and I'd love opinions so I could write a label in its slot. In my opinion, its a VF20 but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance as always

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2017  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ckbrenner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome camera images. What's your set-up? Harder date CC is always nice. Id say F grade with cleaning.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
211 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2017  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Check TobyJ's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Awesome camera images. What's your set-up? Harder date CC is always nice. Id say F grade with cleaning.

Thank you very much. I followed rmpsrpms's equipment check list on page one here http://goccf.com/t/158182

I set it all up and I have been experimenting with it for a few days. Its harder to get the smaller coins in clear detail, as it requires a bit of trial and error with the extension tubes, but its quite fun. I have live-view on the computer so I can control everything from the computer.
"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln
Pillar of the Community
United States
1800 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2017  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Check coin197's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coin197 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The input on photography is actually helpful for me, and I only photograph large dollars. Anyway, my grade will be VG 08 Dets, improperly cleaned.
ANA Member since 12/2015
Pillar of the Community
United States
935 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2017  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add babysitr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love all the CC's....FINE Details
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10363 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2017  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joseph7420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F-12 Details.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
211 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  04:25 am  Show Profile   Check TobyJ's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the grades :D
Pillar of the Community
United States
2938 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  06:27 am  Show Profile   Check Imthealphaomega's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Imthealphaomega to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree fine details cleaned.
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10291 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  06:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fine details, with scratches
True North
Pillar of the Community
United States
6960 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F details
Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
ANA: 3183215, 2016 NCNA YN of the Year
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16908 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Bedrock of the Community
United States
11518 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2017  10:21 am  Show Profile   Check IndianGoldEagle's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F-12 details, harshly cleaned
U.S. coins for sale at my eCrater store http://usn6771.ecrater.com/index.php. Free shipping for CCF members
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05