Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1935 Cdn.ag $1.00 ?.poll..  

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
969 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  01:13 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add torgemco to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
this coin is one of my most
favourite..
i think I have eight in varying
stages/degrees
mintage 428,707 &
counting
thought I had more photos

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2908 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  01:19 am  Show Profile   Check AgCoinAu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add AgCoinAu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love this coin as well..!! But what's the poll?
R.C.N.A. #23833
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
969 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  01:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add torgemco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i think I was just wondering
how many there are in the wild..
and ungraded and how many may have
been melted..etc..

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2908 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  02:13 am  Show Profile   Check AgCoinAu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add AgCoinAu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't even know how one could even determine survival rates.... however it certainly does seem that a lot of '35's have come to market quite recently!
R.C.N.A. #23833
Pillar of the Community
United States
1305 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  05:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As the first year of issue, many were saved and remain in drawers and binders. I doubt that many were melted just because they are from the 30's. Many were minted and many remain ... lots of MS coins.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2806 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  08:03 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Common even in grades up to and including MS66. The coins were saved in abundance as a special commemorative and a first issue. Over the years many were mishandled , cleaned and even spent. The survival rate is probably over 50 per cent of the original mintage. In the massive silver run of the late 1970s many WERE melted as the bullion value far exceeded the collector value of Circulated examples.
The interesting thing about the 1935 Dollar is the way the Mint issued some of them . In cardboard rolls. That is a major reason you find many satiny Lustrous , almost Specimen in appearance GEMS.
Optimal collecting grade is an attractive MS 64 for a serious collector. Don't settle for unattractive hairlined Cleaned or Circulated examples of this Date.
Platinum Member ANA1127198
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2893 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of the most beautiful obverses out there on Canadian coins..IMO..This one in it's natural toning..

Valued Member
Canada
438 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add viper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes and here is another one!

MG
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2113 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paulsz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I actually prefer the obverse of the 1936 dollar, but there is no doubt this issue is beautiful. I have one as well, in a cccs ms65 slab with dark toning
If you have any of the following Canadian coins for sale, message me:
1. 1937 Mirror or Matte specimen coins, in SP64 or higher for mirror, and SP66 and higher for matte.
2. 1908 or 1911 specimen coins, in any specimen grade.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2893 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great example and great pics as usual from viper. I think that SPP would call that "pull away toning" on the obverse example from viper.

Very nice..!!
Valued Member
Canada
87 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canada67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have this 1935 dollar in an ICCS holder...Unfortunately it has a few dark spots on both the obverse and reverse that detract from the overall eye appeal.

Valued Member
Canada
194 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll take brilliant cartwheel lustre over a toner any day...

Valued Member
Canada
87 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canada67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very Nice johnnysprawl!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2893 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll take brilliant cartwheel lustre over a toner any day...

Yes they are very pretty,..but the brilliant ones have all been dipped..but still look spectacular..

That toned dollar of mine was the only one that wasn't..

When you see "blast white", it's been dipped..

D
Valued Member
Canada
87 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canada67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Devlec, I was unaware that dipping a coin would produce a blast white finish. Thank you for the post. A question regarding dipped coins and grading,...why is this not noted on the ICCS holder?
Edited by Canada67
02/17/2017 10:19 pm
Valued Member
Canada
280 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aghawk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up a couple of these a few months back - planning on handing them off to my kids someday. Not MS - maybe AU 50 and they still look great.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05