Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canadian 5 cent damage  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Canada
16 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  09:59 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add intocoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have no experience in this area but found this coin in a circulated roll.
Trying to determine if this is struck through grease or damage post minting.
The rim seems mostly to be intact and the obverse is undamaged.
Interested to know what others think.
Thanks.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4408 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
beautiful example of a strike through, congrats. very impressive!
feel free to call me Will. I'm a 17 year old collector from Mississauga, Ontario.

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1534 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  10:27 am  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very neat find.
I would think that it is struck through an object of some sort, not through grease as you suggested.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3064 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Nice example.
Probably struck through grease.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
676 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oldmike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice struck through, I'm thinking - grease-
Edited by oldmike
02/17/2017 11:27 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
547 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Check Apitrix's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Apitrix to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful 2007 struck through what appears to be grease as stated by others! Love it!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
581 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add robmck1967 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed. Looks like grease. Nice example!
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10329 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, intocoins.....to CCF, enjoy your stay with us..

BTW, We are all into coins...
True North
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05