Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Do you display or hide your coins?  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Canada
40 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  10:07 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add marcus21_69 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I wanted to see if people display there collections or store them away. I have mine stored away right now but thinking of either displaying them in a case or for complete collections (ie. 2013 superman set) frame them up with supporting items (ie. catalog from the mint and stamp set)

Thought and love to see some pics.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6080 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I store away and hate this.
Just have no proper place for displaying, except this, don't want any comer will have an idea about collection.
Valued Member
South Africa
327 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add teslacoil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hide them, I have a few oz as pocket pieces I show and tell with them but my "valuable" well more sentimental value coins I put away.
no one really knows I collect coins,
It's better that way.....The walls has ears
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4408 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to echo the above in a way, what collection?
feel free to call me Will. I'm a 17 year old collector from Mississauga, Ontario.

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk.
Learn More...
Canada
7287 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  10:46 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both.

My collection is in the safety deposit box, but anyone can see my collection through the PCGS Registry Sets and the Showcase sets. The showcase sets are really cool, because you can assemble just about anything together, as a collection, like I have done for the 1-cent special strikes that I love.

https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/co...howcase/2314
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3477 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have my Walkers and Franklin Danscos tucked away into my book collection but the rest of my collection is stored away in my safe.
You should always collect within your income, even if you have to borrow to do so.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1469 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Check matttheriley's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add matttheriley to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The showcase sets are really cool, because you can assemble just about anything together, as a collection, like I have done for the 1-cent special strikes that I love.

I love this feature, but I wish you could add non-PCGS coins!

Check me out on eBay!
My Want List and My Trade List

Favorite Quote from Ridiculous eBay Listings: ## JUST LOOKING THIS ERROR ##
Pillar of the Community
Canada
547 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Check Apitrix's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Apitrix to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What collection as mentioned by TheDollarMan! And if anyone asks I just pull the old Jedi mind trick... "This is not the collection you are looking for"
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10329 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't 'hide' them per se but, I don't show them either very few people know that I collect coins....better that way.
True North
Valued Member
United States
368 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lion4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tucked away

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2855 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Depends how is visiting, my kids like to see the new things I get and a few close friends but all are in a safe.
Please feel free to view my Gallery
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10523
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I keep my collection close and under lock and key. This lets me pull them out and look at them every so often. I don't tell people that I have a collection though.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1858 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All of my good coins, and all gold or platinum coins (and palladium, too, if I had any), are stored away in safe deposit boxes, in multiple banks and multiple "cities".
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
7096 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't 'hide' them per se but, I don't show them either very few people know that I collect coins....better that way

+1
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Pillar of the Community
United States
2332 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hidden. Only a couple of my immediate family members know that I collect.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2976 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Check Imthealphaomega's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Imthealphaomega to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I keep all my collection in my own personal safe, it isn't big but I am excellent at using small space to the maximum potential.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05