Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

RCM New Release: 2017 25-cent 125th Anniversary of The Stanley Cup Special Wrap Coin Roll  

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1385 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2017  6:11 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCF Press to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Royal Canadian Mint - Designed by Canadian artist Steve Hepburn, your coin design brings together Hockey's past and present in a momentous celebration of the Stanley Cup's® 125th anniversary! The legendary trophy itself is symbolically positioned in the centre of the field, where detailed engraving re-creates its multi-tiered bands. The bowl at the top is unmistakable, and serves as a powerful link to the trophy's origins in 1892, when the sixth Governor General of Canada donated a silver bowl to be awarded to Canada's top amateur team. To the left, the helmet-less player represents the game as it was played in the late 19th century; to the right is a more modern snapshot of how Hockey is played today, 125 years after Lord Stanley's history-making donation. Also engraved on the reverse is a banner bearing the commemorative dates "1892" and "2017", as well as the words "COUPE STANLEY CUP" and "125 YEARS/ANS". The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.

2017 25-cent 125th Anniversary of The Stanley Cup Special Wrap Coin Roll

Shop RCM New Releases

P6DMXXkfw2Y
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1321 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2017  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Redzapsid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess there are people that collect rolls of coins but I think asking more than double face value for circulation coins just because it has a special wrapper is a bit much.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
18005 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2017  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The ten packs can't be ordered in the US. I ordered a roll and will distribute them on the forum for US members that want them at my cost. Probably be around 2 bucks each with postage.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2089 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2017  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Check canadian_coins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
2 bucks each with postage.

I'll have them for $1.99 with postage...
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
18005 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2017  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2172 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2017  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or you can get a roll without the special wrap. Only $14.95 at the Coin Shoppe.

http://www.thecoinshoppe.ca/125th-a...nadian-mint/
Edited by MoneyPenney
03/17/2017 2:44 pm
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
18005 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2017  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now ya tell me.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2052 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2017  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ bobby131313...Its not to late to cancel your order. They haven't began shipping yet.
Edited by darryldarryl
03/17/2017 7:15 pm
Valued Member
Canada
97 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2017  04:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add blastofffireworks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone know if there are any Promo Codes for free shipping on the 10-pack of Stanley Cup quarters? Last 10-pack, I believe FREESHIP worked...

Edit: Disregard. Found in another thread, but I'm pretty disappointed that I can't use it with existing accounts. Will attempt to order through Rep.
Edited by blastofffireworks
03/19/2017 04:26 am
Valued Member
Canada
78 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add headlessone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin Shoppe NHL rolls appeared to be sold out when I checked on Sunday. Looks from their pictures like they had a box containing 50 rolls. Then today they seemed in stock as the "sold out" sign did not appear. So I tried to order but kept getting an "insufficient stock" message. Eventually let me order 2 rolls. We'll see if I get them. Now they say they're out of stock. Does this info. jibe with any others' experience? Curious. These are the "cheapie" clear wrapped rolls. I think this coin could end up iconic, so inflation adjust somewhere around breakeven, (eventually, I hope)which is why I'm a buyer.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3543 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin will be issued in the many millions, no need to be in a rush to order
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1603 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ace_ftw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a few rolls, just got them from TD over the weekend.
Valued Member
Canada
78 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add headlessone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What are you gonna do with them? Get some more to put beside them? That is what I would do.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3543 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You expect these coins to be rare
Valued Member
Canada
78 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add headlessone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not if they make millions! But didn't they make millions of coloured poppies? Never see them unless they're no longer nice. At least I don't. Maybe I should look harder? But I think these may look better in hand than the pics. What say you? Also, I am confident that the lack of colour will make them seem less significant than other modern examples we can think of. But the design looks really clean, simple and bold (at least on my computer screen). This is a nation of Hockey fans. These coins are going to get secreted away and I want to have some before they do. The condition of them will be best if, like you have done, we grab them before they circulate too much. Usually I only like coins that have a valuable metal content, though there seems to be a growing list of exceptions. This trend toward colour will make it easier for the mint to drop the metal content in the future, as well. Cheers, John. I'm going to RBC tomorrow!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1603 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2017  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ace_ftw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nope, unimpressive in hand as well.
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05