Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1951 Arnprior dollar  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
277 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2017  9:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add parkay to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What are your thoughts on this 1951 Dollar is it Arnprior or short water lines? I bought it as Arn. but the second water line looks too long compared to pictures in Charlton.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1316 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  07:04 am  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are getting same response I received about the 1950. I think SWL but.........,...LOL MM
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
2688 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  07:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to say not an Arnprior.
As you said, second line is too long.
It is a SWL though.

A Certified Arnprior for comparison.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
650 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add punman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have ICCS graded 1951s of the Arnprior and SWL, both in the same condition. I too think yours is the SWL.

I have noticed these last couple of years, the regular graded 1951 has been selling close to Trends on eBay auction, while the 1951 Arnprior in ICCS graded AU50 to MS62 has been going for an average of 62% of Trends.

So although the Arnprior will cost a bunch more money, this might be a good year to buy one. I bought mine last year.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2902 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another 51 Arn example with the 2nd line showing shorter than the OP example..

Valued Member
Canada
277 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add parkay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is just what I thought but when I bought it couldn't see the water lines that good. General condition of the coin I thought was OK to Grade AU-50. The kicker was it is ICCS graded as Arnprior. So in short I liked the grade and took their word for the Arn as I didn't think they would miss that.

NEVER buy cert right?

Thanks for all your replies
Valued Member
Canada
277 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add parkay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is just what I thought but when I bought it couldn't see the water lines that good. General condition of the coin I thought was OK to Grade AU-50. The kicker was it is ICCS graded as Arnprior. So in short I liked the grade and took their word for the Arn as I didn't think they would miss that.

NEVER buy cert right?

Thanks for all your replies

Canada
17 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sam in markham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sorry to ask this question on this topic of the 1951 but does anyone have a scan or pic of a 1952 arnprior
Pillar of the Community
Canada
650 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add punman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I find ICCS to be pretty reliable with regards to varieties but we all make mistakes. Are we the viewers missing something here?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1108 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Check TheCoinHunter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheCoinHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Of note, it's an old holder.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
911 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have one graded by ICCS as an Arnprior dollar but clearly it is a short water line and also not mentioned on the cert that it is a DP HP but as mentioned by TheCoinHunter mine is also a older cert I think I purchased about 15 years ago and had it graded.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05