Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Few questions about circulations coins  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Poland
16 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  11:09 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Redcclise96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone!:)

I've got maybe some easy questions, but really interesting for me:)

1. Is it existing 1 cent 1985 pointed 5? Is it rare? What's the value?
2. Is it existing 1 cent 2006 P magnetic? Is it rare? What's the value? Was it released into circulation?
3. Are there two variants of 25cents 1978? What's the differents and value?
4. The same questions like above one, but for 25cents 1980?
5. Was 25 cents released into circulation in 1997 and 1998?
6. Are there two variants of 50 cents 1978?What's the differents and value?
7. Which 50 cents at all was released into circulation? I heard that 2004 till now haven't, older ones was, is it true?
8. Which types of 1 dollar 2006 was released?
9. Is it true that 1 dollar 2012 exist in two variants: steel and bronze?

I will be extremly happy if I can get some information from you masters:)

Thanks at all
Michael
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19365 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1597 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ace_ftw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum, a lot of your answers can be found on this website http://www.coinsandcanda.com

to help you out:

1) yes, I have found about 20 or so of these while roll hunting, I believe the stat I read is that less than 1% of the production was this variety (no real numbers are published)
2) Yes, rarity is debatable, the value has come down from the first time it was noticed. Yes these were circulated.
3) 1978 has large/small denticles
4) 1980 has near / far beads
5) no these were only produced in mint sets
Poland
16 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Redcclise96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And can someone respond me to question:

7. Which 50 cents at all was released into circulation? I heard that 2004 till now haven't, older ones was, is it true?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1597 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ace_ftw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Red, The last "circulation" 50 cent piece was 2002, however we use the word circulation very lightly, these coins post 1960's rarely really circulated. they have always been available in mint sets, and in 2011 the mint started selling them in special wrapped rolls for 2x face value.
Poland
16 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Redcclise96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much! :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
5351 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Check TheNickelGuy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a 1985 pointed 5 ICCS graded MS64
The value on Coins and Canada appears to be $38.70 CAD
I would not have paid that I am sure, as I am not all that much into all the Canadian varieties.
I must have got it at a low price and it was already graded and the fee was already paid for.

Here's a link to the prices with a lot of the varieties.

http://www.coinsandcanada.com/coins...nt-1965-2012

signature:

Sign Here x ___________________________
Pillar of the Community
United States
5351 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Check TheNickelGuy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 2006 magnetic No P - No logo is the tough one. A permanent hole in my set.
signature:

Sign Here x ___________________________
Poland
16 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Redcclise96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much :)
Valued Member
Canada
393 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2017  02:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigchip22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you forgot the high and rarer 1977 nickel
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05