Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

pretty great cherry pick: 1942 SP tombacs  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4387 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  10:57 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
cherry picked off of eBay..they were described as PL, I could tell fairly easy that they were specimen strikes. I didn't pay dirt cheap like they were average tombacs, but the seller was certainly not asking SP prices!

the coins have some fairly minor issues such as some very small tics which are few and far between, as well as some hairlines..but overall they are great coins and both, especially the heavier cameo example, have exceptional eye appeal. I would guess if submitted they may get SP-63 but I doubt any higher due to the fairly unnoticeable, yes present hairline issue.

so here you go one of my best cherry picks yet! I may sell them but am not sure. if someone is interested in a trade or making an offer I will consider it, but til then I may just end up enjoying them for the fairly rare coins they are.

Staff edit - Buy/Sell/Trade/Want List Rules

feel free to call me Will. I'm a 17 year old collector from Mississauga, Ontario.

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
672 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oldmike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2950 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better than nice..!!

You must get these graded as they might come back at SP's and then they are very valuable..

SP's are very tough ...so an amazing pick up..
Valued Member
Canada
411 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coins. Great pick up!
Pillar of the Community
United States
742 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful examples, great pickups thedollarman
Learn More...
Canada
7112 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In terms of value, I doubt this was better than your 1974 Type 1 cased dollar cherry pick...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
207 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Score!
Definitely interested!

Staff edit - Buy/Sell/Trade/Want List Rules
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
978 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add torgemco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hello thedollarman..may I ask if they are
your photos or the vendors..?
just wondering
tia
United States
28 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2017  12:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think a good acetone bath will make those coins look much better. Nice pick!

Gene
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2950 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2017  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Always very interesting how such "very tough" SP's can get on eBay and the seller doesn't have that important info or know what he has..

How does one get such very important coins in the first place ?..and then fly them on eBay..
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10232 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2017  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pick up, great looking Tombac..
True North
Valued Member
Canada
123 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2017  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wizard1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@DEVLEC

Quote:
Always very interesting how such "very tough" SP's can get on eBay and the seller doesn't have that important info or know what he has..

How does one get such very important coins in the first place ?..and then fly them on eBay..

It happens. The seller was from the US, so they might not know what they exactly have or go by whatever information the seller had passed to them. Dealers will pickup collections in bulk without really know what's in there and then just put it up with their best description.

Many many years ago, I cherry picked a Canadian 1937 $1 Wide Panel Specimen Note off eBay that was mis-attributed as Narrow Panel by PMG. The US Seller sold it as a Narrow Panel b/c that's what PMG said it was.

Edited by Wizard1
05/22/2017 4:48 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
508 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2017  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add North of 49 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
great find!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1129 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2017  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Check TheCoinHunter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheCoinHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Might as well jump in...Recent eBay buy...65a Obv. Can you guess the reverse? I know the pics are not the greatest.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4387 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2017  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
outstanding buys wizard1 and coinhunter...9/6?

thanks for all the kind words..torgemco, they are my pictures

the coins have been sold for a fair price considering the minor hairline issue they had, the new owner is someone who's posted a reply to this thread...they can identify themselves if they'd like.

note to the mods: don't get mad at me lol they weren't a result of me offering them to members or a result of members approaching me to buy them, the member who bought them is a dealer and I have been in contact with them for a while now selling and sometimes buying.
feel free to call me Will. I'm a 17 year old collector from Mississauga, Ontario.

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2950 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2017  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a P4a "sabretooth" in the 9...very nice one..!!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05