Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

PCI Toned ASE... Progression Thread

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
7361 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2017  12:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys. I recently picked up this sexy PCI toned ASE. I've seen a thread on CU where a guy tracked the progression with pics once a month and the change in color and progression was amazing. I'm hoping I can do that here. I'm not sure how long it has been slabbed but I will be updating monthly with new pics. If it's been a month with no update please bring this thread back up or PM me. This should be fun!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12437 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2017  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a lemon bullseye-toned Eagle in a PCI slab as well
Learn More...
United States
62367 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8778 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2017  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting toning.

FWIW, the mintage of 2014 bullion ASEs was 8,882,754.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5826 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2017  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Check ChildOfTheWheat's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ChildOfTheWheat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Should be interesting!
Remember: Change is good, especially when it's a Wheat penny
ANA Number 3181904
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
14508 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2017  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some prefer toned pristine, others prefer blast white pristine.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3963 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2017  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It will be interesting to see how it proceeds. I wonder if the toning occurred before the coin was encapsulated or after?

Collecting history, one commemorative coin (or medal) at a time!
Original content (c) Commems, 2012-2018
Pillar of the Community
United States
7361 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2017  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Commems. It was after. This type of toning is unique to PCI inserts.
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2017  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chevelle7167 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you buy some of these PCI inserts? I would love to tone some of my silver eagles
Pillar of the Community
United States
2515 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2017  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Check Darth Morgan's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Darth Morgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LOVE the golden hue, Cascade.
My Eisenhower dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof (PCGS Registry) - https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/do...edset/119137
Pillar of the Community
United States
7361 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2018  01:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So guess what. I thought I lost or sold this coin. Months ago in looked for it everywhere and couldn't find it. Well spiders are coming out so I sparked around the house and saw it in a windowsill of a window that I hardly ever open. There it was. Behind the blinds in a window that gets a ton of socal sun in the morning and not much afternoon. Boy did she change. Wonder if I should put her in the freezer now lol

Bedrock of the Community
United States
11046 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2018  01:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pull it before it gets to dark
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2018  01:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unload it now while it still has a 'bow', much longer and all you'll get is a "spaz-bow"!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4264 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2018  08:05 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree...gettin' a bit ugly
Learn More...
United States
62367 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
7361 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2018  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. But she's still nice in hand. My pics don't show it but she does. Pro shots would. I think I'll keep her another year or to and see if the center colors up. If no change I'll probably send her to GC.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05