Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A new coin set from the Mint on 8-1-17, EU 225th Anniversary Set

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 51
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11830 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well that was crazy ...

I was logged into buy ..and got a phone call right before 12 ....
Ended up not getting any.

At least work got some because I told the 10 minutes before.
So I will get at least one from work.
GoldRush58 - GR58
Learn More...
United States
60393 Posts
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TripAces to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked one up. That was painless.
Learn More...
United States
60393 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At least work got some because I told the 10 minutes before.
So I will get at least one from work.
That is good.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4211 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I placed an order very easily and logged out...thought about it a bit and logged back in to place another order.. found the item.. added to bag and checked out without issues. Didn't log the times but it did take a bit to go back in.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad I didn't wait for the Mint's reminder email (at 12:07)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4211 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As I was walking into the DC Mint watched a guy wheeling out boxes of these after buying 500 sets.

I was told there was a 20 per person limit at the external stores and before 12 noon they handed out receipts for the number you wanted ...then released them at noon
Pillar of the Community
United States
2712 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Time to track the online market and see those BIG BOYS undercut each other.

Those missing out, just have to keep track of the mint website for temporary availability each early morning. With patient, you should also be able to get your set with eBay auction listing, it's just a waiting game.
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Learn More...
United States
60393 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was told there was a 20 per person limit at the external stores and before 12 noon they handed out receipts for the number you wanted ...then released them at noon
The guy with 500 must have brought bought some friends.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2712 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got the confirmation email but the Mint's Order History page still didn't show up yet......
I guess we are getting used to this "Instant Result" mentality?
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4566 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not getting one. I really wanted one but at 12:10pm it said it was unavailable. I refuse to bow down to flippers inflated prices.
*Complete Canada 50 cent set 1953-present

*Complete Canada Toonie ($2) set 1996-present

*And just a mix of everything else!
Pillar of the Community
United States
822 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got the confirmation email but the Mint's Order History page still didn't show up yet......
I guess we are getting used to this "Instant Result" mentality?

I noticed a similar issue right after I placed my order. I first went to the Order History page and that took a while to load. Then my order finally showed up but when I clicked on the number, it just took me to the same Order History page. Weird...but at least I got a confirmation email.
Searching for some US modern coins (cents through dollars) via my want list.
Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElonU to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Holy crap I missed it!! Says item is "currently unavailable?"!! BOO!
Always collecting silver wartime Jefferson nickels '42-'45!
Valued Member
United States
399 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cuzzx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just got my email confirmation, was starting to worry
Pillar of the Community
United States
1807 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got the four sets I needed for the ATB Quarter albums I am completing. Started loading other items @ 8:58 PT, popped in the four sets right at 9:00, since my credit card info was already pre-populated, was out 10 seconds later. USM052018XX.

It stands to reason that if the 2017 Congratulations sets were gone in under 2 minutes, it would only take 6-7 minutes for three times that to go, presumably upwards of 90% went to flippers and the big guys. It was definitely a sleeper this time as there wasn't too much talk about it.
Page: of 51 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.26 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05