Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

"Smiling Liberty" 20c Piece

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
430 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  12:23 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wizzy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just got a 20C piece where liberty's mouth appears open,or smiling, or surprised. Is this a described variety like the Bugs Bunny Franklin?

Pillar of the Community
United States
6365 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  06:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TypeCoin971793 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Huh. Interesting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2787 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SeatedNut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wizzy1,
That's how all the 20 cent pieces look. It's the die.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7723 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  09:09 am  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some folks have commented on her (not just this 20 Cent Piece) facial features as a "box turtle".
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Edited by oih82w8
07/11/2017 11:52 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
7670 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  11:17 am  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Over polishing ?
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Smelling breakfast?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1466 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Smelling breakfast?

Learn More...
United States
84230 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That's how all the 20 cent pieces look. It's the die.
I suppose mine is too worn to have noticed.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46264 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"box turtle" - perfect.
Valued Member
United States
430 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2017  01:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wizzy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So it's a box turtle smelling breakfast. BTSB. That sounds much better than over-polishing, ouch.
I always thought of the Seated liberty model as someone would need a chiropractor because her neck is so twisted in the wrong direction. It's a far cry from the SLQ, or the Peace dollar liberty. those are both... ahem, inspiring.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2017  01:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Smelling breakfast?

@Mox... dying!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05