Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Would Like Opinions On This 1899 S Morgan

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
431 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  6:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add andywoj00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Picked it up on eBay raw, not graded. Pic is not processed with the exception of resizing. It's pretty shiney in-hand, but I have problems capturing that in the pics.

The coin has been cleaned by the looks of it under 10x, but not too bad as another that I got and will be sending back. It was scary bad and the auction pics did not portray it.

This one was $83 delivered. Would like opinions if you think it's a keeper for the Dansco or not, why or why not. Thanks in advance.

Edited by andywoj00
07/11/2017 6:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2429 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have the coin at XF 45 based on the wear above the ear and eagle's breast. If the coin is XF details, the value is $40. The coin needs to grade AU for what you paid.
Valued Member
United States
431 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add andywoj00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Slider23...When I saw it on eBay, I was giving it somewhere between XF45 and AU50 based on the PCGS Photograde. Thought $88 was in the ballpark as it was as high as I would go. Where did I go wrong on the estimation?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2429 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I was going to buy this coin raw and wanted to be certain that I was getting an AU example there would need to be some details in the breast feathers. The breast feather area is flat and there are some nicks. Are you checking past realized auction prices of graded coins to base your bid amount? I would also expect to pay a little less for a raw example than a graded example.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9077 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Request a return and refund straight away.

This seller (rojo-86)deals in crap coins that have been abused and masks them by using scanned images. You will be blocked from future auctions but that's a favor, trust me.
Member SSDC, TNA
Pillar of the Community
United States
1963 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin197 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, that coin has no eye appeal and is beat up as heck. Return it.
Valued Member
United States
431 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add andywoj00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Refund request is in process. Dave700x....how did you know it was rojo86?
Pillar of the Community
United States
9077 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A quick search of eBay sold listings with my excluded sellers filter turned off.
Member SSDC, TNA
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with everyone who said EF, details, cleaned.

Much too much $$$ for that.
Valued Member
United States
431 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add andywoj00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I need to start a list of bad sellers.

I'll also need to be a bit more discriminating on Morgan buys.
Valued Member
United States
431 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add andywoj00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How does one filter sellers on eBay? Is that possible?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1450 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add terry8835 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is why I don't buy raw coins on eBay.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9077 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On the left side bar scroll down to "more refinements" click on it then scroll down to "seller" click on "specific sellers" and in the drop drown box choose "exclude" then add seller names to the box to the right. Then click apply and save the search as a base search.
Member SSDC, TNA
Edited by dave700x
07/11/2017 9:30 pm
Valued Member
United States
431 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add andywoj00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Terry8835.....Yeah....starting to realize that. It would suck to be relegated to getting only slabbed over-priced coins since the risk of getting raw crap coins is always there on eBay et al.
Edited by andywoj00
07/11/2017 9:32 pm
Valued Member
United States
431 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add andywoj00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dave700x...how are seller names separated? Have a screen shot you can send?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is just as true to say, "Don't avoid buying the coin because of the slab", as it us to say "Buy the coin, not the holder".
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05