Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Young Roman Emperor Coins  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
507 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2017  12:57 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Justinokay to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'll start with my Caracalla and Geta brother coins from my collection. Before the fight for the throne they must have been pretty good bros or were they?

Feel free to post any young or child emperor coins you have!
Edited by Justinokay
07/16/2017 12:57 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2769 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2017  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great coins, Justinokay. Years ago I had a decent antoninianus of Gordian III that would have fit the theme but, alas, I have nothing to contribute now. But I look forward to seeing what others add.

Pillar of the Community
United States
718 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2017  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MartiVltori to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a few youngling portraits that I have.

Caracalla

Geta:

Elegabalus:

Severus Alexander:

Gordian III

Phillip II

Herenius Etruscus:

Saloninus:

-----------------
My Gallery
Learn More...
United States
20131 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2017  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Caracalla

Gordian III

Severus Alexander
Pillar of the Community
United States
507 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2017  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Justinokay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coins Echizento!
Like the Herenius Etruscus one most.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3708 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Marti, that is indeed an unusually young portrait for Herennius Etruscus, especially considering that he was in his mid-20s when he first appeared on coinage as Caesar. It does however look like his younger brother Hostilian... I wonder if the Mint employees used the wrong portrait?
Learn about my avatar here:
http://goccf.com/t/276704
Pillar of the Community
United States
3708 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still working on migrating all of my photos out of photobucket jail, but I have this one to share:

The Beata type was minted 321-323 (during a peace between Constantine and Licinius), so here Constantine Jr. would have been between 4-6 years old.
Pillar of the Community
United States
878 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lrbguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure if this thread is supposed to be about child emperors or any emperors who were not above age 21.

Here is a group of child emperors who were not more than teenagers at the time of their elevation to office.

Caracalla (this coin first issued when he was 11)

Geta (this coin first issued when he was about 10)

Diadumenian (son of Macrinus; this coin issued when he was about 9)

Maximus (son of Maximinus Thrax; estimated age 13 at elevation to Caesar)

Philip II (elevated to Ceasar at age 7; this coin issued before age 10)

Herennius Etruscus (first son of Trajan Decius; made Caesar with his father's accession, and Augustus a year later; this coin as Caesar (early to mid-teenage)

Hostilian (younger son of Trajan Decius; first made Caesar with brother; elevated to Augustus after death of father; this coin issued in Rome as Caesar when he was probably below age 10)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3708 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow that is a super group, Irbguy! I am especially loving the Diadumenian and Maximus... they must have cost a pretty penny! Hostilian isn't easy to find in Imperial silver either!
Pillar of the Community
United States
718 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MartiVltori to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
@Marti, that is indeed an unusually young portrait for Herennius Etruscus, especially considering that he was in his mid-20s when he first appeared on coinage as Caesar. It does however look like his younger brother Hostilian... I wonder if the Mint employees used the wrong portrait?

It is unusual isn't it.
-----------------
My Gallery
Pillar of the Community
United States
507 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Justinokay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coins Irbguy., like the Geta one. Got confused with echizento and marti coins but all are great coins( have to get use to the new profile coin of echizento, too used to the denarius one).

I feel like Geta has a more joyful portrait on most coins compared to Caracalla
Edited by Justinokay
07/17/2017 3:38 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05