Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The "Moore" model penny series  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
1398 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  03:54 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've posted this before, maybe on this site, but thought that it needed to be returned to the active pages ... because our New Zealand friend posted a photo of a "model penny" in the "1850" token thread. These are info/reference pages on the whole series of denominations of the model penny series .. from my reference book on "Unusual World Coins".

However it looks like I am unable to post photos, because the "upload image" link won't work for me. I also can't contact any moderator via PM or get any help from the "help" line for the last month or so. I also can't change my profile or change my email address.... maybe a moderator will read it and contact me.
Edited by okiecoiner
07/17/2017 03:56 am
Valued Member
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  07:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okie, I look forward to hearing the story of the model penny like the one Don posted. I was curious about it when I saw it.

Hope you can get the technical glitches worked out.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
18579 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I also can't change my profile or change my email address

Can you be more specific? "Can't" doesn't help us. Do you get and error message? What happens when you try?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1398 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I click on 'PM" I get nothing, other than a nanosecond blip. When I go to post an image, the same thing. When I try to go to my name and click to change my profile, I get nothing. It may be a holdover from when I was 86'd off this site (more than once)... Roger can tell you about it(I used to be "Billin Burl"
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
18579 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where are you seeing a "PM" link? There is no such thing as a "PM" here.

To edit your profile, go to "Tools" at the top of any page then "Manage your Profile"
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1119 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fourmack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
okiecoiner ---I have quite a few of these and the pages that you sent me thanks---although I am missing the 1/32th

Note the 1/16th is
size 7mm, weight .23grams.
Joseph Moore
Struck by Allen & Moore of Burmingham.
1/32.1/16,1/8,1/4 was sold as a set in a case.

Cheers Don

Vickies cents and GB Farthings nut.
"Old" is a figure of speech and nothing more
Valued Member
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the info from Okie on the model coins. Hope this works OK.

Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1119 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fourmack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Phil310 I already have that info
Cheers Don

Pillar of the Community
United States
1398 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bobby: I can go to "tools" and hit edit profile and all I get is a little blip .. it doesn't let me in. When I click on your name to send an email to you, the same thing happens. That's what I meant by a "PM". I can do nothing on this site but post a new thread or answer an old one ... nothing else works. Tks
Pillar of the Community
United States
1398 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BTW, you "model penny" folks, the prices are at least 10 years old in US dollars.
Learn More...
United States
46345 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okie, sounds like you have a pop-up blocker enabled. All of those actions open a new windows/tab in your browser.

Look in the address bar, to the right, should be something showing that a pop-up was blocked. You should be able to click to add an exception for CCF.
Valued Member
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don, somewhere in my stuff I have a couple of small coins made by L. Chr. Lauer like your penny. I think one is a penny and one is a sovereign with St. George on it. I always thought they were old play money. Are they part of the model coins?

I will try to get some photos of them and post them here for you to see.

Here they are.

Edited by Phil310
07/17/2017 6:56 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1117 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
okie...what browser are you using? I use google chrome and I have no problems...if you are using internet explorer(the worst browser IMO) that would be the first thing I would look into
please check out my collection of cents from 1858 - 2012 (under construction)
https://s249.photobucket.com/user/g...8%20-%202012
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1119 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fourmack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cheers Don

Edited by fourmack
07/17/2017 7:19 pm
Valued Member
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2017  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the links Don. Interesting reading!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05