Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What coins are best for coin roll hunting?  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  09:51 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JeBipp to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi I've been coin roll hunting for penny resently. I've found some cool stuff. Just wondering which other coins are good for for coin roll hunting.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6221 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Although I no longer CRH ,I would have to say Lincoln cents and then Half Dollars are the best choice for finding all dates, varieties, errors, and 40 to 90% silver .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Valued Member
United States
249 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBackPenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Nickels can also have positive results.
Learn More...
United States
45006 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. It is relatively easy to build a set of Jefferson nickels from CRH.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2767 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  11:50 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I think pennies are the best bang for your buck. Beyond that, nickels and halves give you the chance to find some silver up to 90%. It depends on how much cash you can afford to tie up in rolls.
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
330 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I still find many interesting coins in cent rolls. Since copper isn't really worth "hoarding", most people chunk older cents back into circulation. Even find Wheaties pretty regularly. And, as has been said, there are lots of interesting errors and such.

Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nutmeg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
half dollars
Pillar of the Community
United States
7924 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are quite a few dates with the quarters that are really hard to find in high grades. Lucking into just one of those in higher MS can be an excellent score.

Since cents, nickels, and halves have been mentioned, I didn't want you to miss quarters too.

Now someone needs to speak up for dimes...
Learn More...
United States
45006 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dimes are great. You can easily build a clad set for Roosevelt and there is enough silver out there to make it interesting.

There.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6221 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tend to disagree . Maybe if your a newbie then you may want to put together a clad set of Roosevelt dimes . And as far as CRH Dimes just to find ones before 1965 is like spitting against the wind .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Learn More...
United States
45006 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, someone had to speak for the dimes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7924 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, JBuck. I had a couple dimes in my pocket that were doing some serious whining.
Learn More...
United States
45006 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I first started collecting from change and filling Whitman folders some 37 odd years ago, I used generic Dimes and Quarters folders (nothing printed inside them). I started them with 1965 because I thought I would never find silver in circulation. When I finally did I put them in 2x2s. I made no room for silver in those sets until I moved to Dansco albums.
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JeBipp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I have a Lincoln cents Whitman coin folder 1975 to 2013 but that's it.
(So far)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2767 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2017  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yeah I have a Lincoln cents Whitman coin folder 1975 to 2013 but that's it.

That's a good starting place and can be filled pretty easily. Then you can work backwards from 1975.

Quote:
(So far)

That's the spirit!
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan
Learn More...
United States
45006 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That's a good starting place and can be filled pretty easily. Then you can work backwards from 1975.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05