Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2007 Washington State Quarter Error?  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  12:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hatfieldm1027 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Need help identifying this Quarter. One if a kind? Error?
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hatfieldm1027 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Quarter has two cracks. Kinda hard to see the crack at the hairline. It's a "X" shaped crack. One deeper than the other.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3067 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCentsLady to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you possibly crop down your images before posting them so we can see more of the coin and at closer distance?

Not looking like a die crack at this point. Could have some dried on clue on it? Could possibly be a struck through. But, definitely need some closer and clearer images to be able to help you on it.
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hatfieldm1027 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have resized them to the lowest resolution possible. I will crop them.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
18785 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I cropped them.
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hatfieldm1027 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hatfieldm1027 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hatfieldm1027 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am 100% positive that it's not glue. They are cracks. I am taking photos with an iPhone with the lowest resolution and then I use an image resized app to be able to post the pics. I lose the sharpness of the pics by doing so. Any suggestions on how to post better pics? All original pics are 2.4 mb or larger.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
25731 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I need closer images to see what is going on wit your coin. I'm not seeing a die crack. Looks like a different issue.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hatfieldm1027 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hatfieldm1027 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hatfieldm1027 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last set of pics for now.

Pillar of the Community
United States
752 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jay4202472000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sure looks like some foreign substance to me (glue/tape/epoxy).
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hatfieldm1027 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your replies. There is not any glue, tape or any substance on the Quarter. I will try to get better images tomorrow. I'm new at resizing pictures and the coin community.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
18785 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your pictures are sufficient.
Pillar of the Community
United States
752 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2017  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jay4202472000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hatfield, the pictures are fine. Soak it in acetone and see if it doesn't come off. Acetone will not harm the coin in any way. You wouldn't believe how many people swear nothing is on the coin then it comes off. Please don't think I am trying to ridicule you or anything. I am truly trying to help. Soak it in pure acetone, not nail polish remover. I bet anything it comes off.

Read this thread for instance:

http://goccf.com/t/292902&SearchTerms=Glue
Edited by jay4202472000
08/11/2017 4:48 pm
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05