Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1988 $100 Bill - Is It Fake Of Real?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2017  1:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 1988Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello There,

I received this $100 bill from 1988 and would like to know how much is this worth. Can someone please check and let me know.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4912 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2017  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your note appears to be a well-worn, genuine, series 1988 $100 bill from the New York "B" Federal Reserve Bank.

It is worth $100.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2017  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1988Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You! I have had this bill for over 5 years and always thought it was fake. In a bit of a cash crunch right now so thought maybe its atleast worth $100. I tried googling and stumbled on this site. I'd be happy to use this for 100 anyways!

Btw, just out of curiosity - if this bill was in good condition, what do you think this could have been worth?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2488 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2017  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CCF.

I'm curious if your screen name has anything to do with this thread.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4912 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2017  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it was uncirculated with no rips, tears, folds, or holes it MIGHT bring a couple of hundred dollars from a collector trying to fill out a type or district set.

The market for c notes is pretty thin.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2017  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1988Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I created an account today as I wanted to see how much was this bill worth.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44908 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2017  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree it's a spender. Hope you stick around!

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
659 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2017  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First off it is not from 1988 the year on a bill has nothing to do with when it was printed.

This bill was printed in January 1991.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2017  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1988Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok maybe the series is 1988, but how do we get to know when was the bill printed?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10249 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2017  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are several sites online that give you information about when groups/sheets of notes ("runs") were printed. uspapermoney.info is one.

and I agree, spend that Benjamin!

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2017  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1988Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You everyone! This Benjamin will be spent today! Most probably will deposit it into my daughters college saving fund.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10249 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2017  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a fantastic idea.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3365 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2017  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, to CCF!

And have to offer up: "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." Benjamin Franklin
-----Burton
46 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05