Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

So I decided to put it all in one post instead of a million feedback  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
496 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  12:04 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Ok so I found two things wondering about them

1970 dime with 69 proof reverse?

1964 nickel reverse?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2271 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  12:16 am  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You do indeed have the 1970 P reverse of 1968 S proof Dime. Congratulations on that find! :)
Errors And Varietys.
Edited by Errors and Varietys
09/13/2017 12:17 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4717 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  12:52 am  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too many to do, think there's a rule about that...?

#2 no floater, I'm a purist, see a teeny bit on right others are

Lams...? maybe or could be damage cracked?

others are MD, hits, random scratches

The 64D Jeff is a nice Reverse die clash or a dual die cracks. pix aren't clear enough to tell

Not sure @ dime ain't my thang! Let E & V have this one.
FREE! Coin IDing For Dummies Vol. 1, "The Minting process and Doubled Dies", in PDF format!
AND Now NEW!
Coin IDing for Dummies Vol. 2, "Error coins and More!", in PDF Format!
Both are here: http://goccf.com/t/296596

"Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace."
James Madison
Valued Member
United States
496 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  01:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I could have just posted them separately and let me see if I can get a better pic but between those two crack looking things is all dipped in...
Valued Member
United States
496 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  01:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know if it's any better but
Valued Member
United States
496 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  01:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm excited I found something... that dime I just found on the floor lol I saw it was a 1970 so I looked at the reverse
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10008 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The dime is a winner. Other than possible delamination on a couple, I'm not seeing much else.
Learn More...
United States
47732 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I guess I could have just posted them separately...
Yes, it is preferred to have one coin per topic.
Valued Member
United States
496 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will do that next time. Sorry about that. Or would you like me to post them separately now and delete the post?
Edited by Mrzllewellyn
09/13/2017 10:19 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3521 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just leave it as is and start posting one coin at a time the next time you find something.
You should always collect within your income, even if you have to borrow to do so.

Learn More...
United States
47732 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Or would you like me to post them separately now and delete the post?
You are welcome to post them separately. You will not be able to delete this post, but we can do that for you. Just let us know with the "Report this Post to the Staff" link in the lower right.

Actually, since the nickel and dime have replies, I will remove the others and you can repost. Just remember that you can reuse the uploaded images. No need to upload again.
Valued Member
United States
496 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4717 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting to note about that nickel die clash is the 10 degree CW rotated reverse

FREE! Coin IDing For Dummies Vol. 1, "The Minting process and Doubled Dies", in PDF format!
AND Now NEW!

"Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace."
James Madison
Learn More...
United States
47732 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are welcome, Mrzllewellyn.
Valued Member
United States
496 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is that nickel one to keep?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4717 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yea, if you collect errors, is a good example of a die clash on reverse die. Have no idea value, but is good example of an honest to goodness mint error!
AND Now NEW!

James Madison
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05