Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1960 nickel MD? or did I fanally get lucky?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  11:46 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I pretty sure this 1960 nickel is Full of Machine Doubling, but maybe I finally got lucky :-/

Edited by Tootallious
09/13/2017 11:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1571 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately, Machine Doubling and Die Deterioration Doubling I think is combined.
Errors And Varietys.
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2017  12:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's what I thought :-( on to the next batch
Pillar of the Community
United States
1198 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2017  12:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a DDD and a VLDS.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19759 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2017  04:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice VLDS on both sides. 2x2 worthy.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
346 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2017  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Redifin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As the others have said, VLDS DDD. However, severe enough to be interesting. Valuable? Maybe, depends on who (if someone) wants it.
DD's...on the hunt: 95, 92, 83, 72, 71, 70, 69, 64, 59, 58, 55, 47, 42, 41, 39, 35, 34.

(Found since (August 2017) signature creation: 82 DDR)
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2017  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, I never thought about someone being interested in it. With so much ware and tear on the die's does anybody think that this coin may have been one of the last coins struck with those/that die before it was replaced? Or does the mint use the same ones for that year regardless of condition?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
24732 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2017  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The could have been hundreds of thousands of nickels from this die that show the progression of this issue of the die. So it is not the last one. With the number of examples from just this one die, I would consider it very spendable.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2017  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Coop! I always appreciate your pictures examples! They make a big difference with helping me, and others I'm sure, understanding the explanations given!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
24732 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2017  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Copy them for your personal files. That way you don't have to search all the threads to find them. I'm not offended when others use my images. They are all for educational purposes. They save thousands of words and do a better job at 'show and tell' than words do at times. It also helps new ones to under stand quicker. So when I'm not here, the answer does get posted. Great job to all to help new ones to know rather than just being told. When we know it, then will recognize it the next time we see. But when you forget, please ask. It is better than assuming.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2017  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05