Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help in finding value of a coin  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Australia
2 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  9:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add AuusieCoinHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi fellow coin collectors. I have been collecting for a few months now and really enjoying it. I have a question. I have searched on eBay and google and also various websites with no prevail. I am wondering on how I find a value of a coin. I have a 1988 5 cent coin, with a miss strike and unable to find any information.
I have been trying to upload the photos I have taken, but it is not working, even after using the image optimizer
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4661 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ACH, first welcome to CCF. Second, here is a link to the instructions for uploading pics:

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...sp#uploading

I look forward to seeing you post your coin(s).
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry Tudor (the lawyer not the king)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4643 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2017  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

If you are using the CCF Optimizer, once you select the pic(s) to optimize, it will show the file size above the image. It must be under 300kb to upload to a post. After you've adjusted the size and/or image quality to get it under 300kb, select "Download" and then select the green down arrow(s) that appear next to the image(s). After you've downloaded the pic(s) to your computer or other device, when you create a post select the "Upload Image" link below the text box and choose the pic you want to add to your post (from your device's storage location) and then select "Upload Image to (username)'s Post". You have to upload pics one at a time.

After that and typing whatever text, click on "Preview" to make sure everything looks right. If so, close that window and "Post Reply".

I hope that's right and helps.

"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Edited by spruett001
10/12/2017 11:03 pm
Australia
2 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  01:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AuusieCoinHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for helping me on how to post photos. Here are the 2 photos I have taken. They may not be the best photo, and I do apologize, as it was taken on a tablet.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5264 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  01:19 am  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the forum!

Here'a a cropped version of your coin. I imagine what your question is the edge? It looks to be damaged. It possibly could be a straight clip planchet but the correct effects aren't showing. It would show a certain weakness on points of the coin.

By looking again, I do believe it is a straight edge clip. The imprint of the die forced that rim edge to expand outward on the one side, not quite sure why, pressure or die alignment problem?
FREE! Coin IDing For Dummies Vol. 1, "The Minting process and Doubled Dies", in PDF format!
AND Now NEW!
Coin IDing for Dummies Vol. 2, "Error coins and More!", in PDF Format!
Both are here: http://goccf.com/t/296596

"Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace."
James Madison
Edited by Crazyb0
10/13/2017 01:29 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1858 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2017  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum .
See this as example :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Australia...em51fa1c2fbf
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05