Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1999 Nickel Is This Cud?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2017  1:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ron2870 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I posted a quarter earlier. I guess I'm not sure exactly what's cud.let's try this one. What does everyone think?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42289 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2017  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see a lot of damage, but not a cud. What area are you looking at? Also, please post a pic of the reverse.
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2017  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ron2870 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the reverse. The in God we trust is all filled in with metal.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13589 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2017  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ron2870, I can't really tell by your pics, but you may find this website super-informative about cuds:

http://cuds-on-coins.com/

When you do find one, don't forget your friends here on CCF and start up a new thread with your find!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

United States
21 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2017  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ron2870 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try this picture.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1386 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2017  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newbie234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going with a nice greaser! A die filled with grease that didn't transfer the design to the coin.
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2017  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ron2870 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think your right newbie. I got to looking at some greasers. Thank you
Pillar of the Community
United States
1386 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2017  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newbie234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Np,But with that much of the motto missing,It's definitely a keeper!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2017  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Greaser is the best explanation, but as beat as that poor Jeff is, I don't see too much value.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40424 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2017  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it is under weight, it might have been altered with acid?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42289 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2017  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good explanation. This is PMD to me, not a greaser.
Edited by Coinfrog
10/28/2017 5:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5964 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2017  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinMasters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm not sure exactly what's cud.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1910 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2017  01:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
5964 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2017  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinMasters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's awesome Tunnioc.
Learn More...
United States
78564 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2017  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, this is a cud:

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05